MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   "DTE FLI DATA ERR" message (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/359701-dte-fli-data-err-message.html)

cherrycandy001 10-19-2007 08:41 PM

"DTE FLI DATA ERR" message

Hello to all of you...
for those of you who read my other post about my gas tank issues...
This morning I was able to "fool" the nozzle in order to get a full tank
of Gas :D. After that I took my car to Midas where they ran an
engine scan because my "check engine" light came on...and so did the
"DTE FLI DATA ERR" so they managed to clear the message....
and it was gone right after that but then it came back on...
Any advice?

wolfey2k 10-19-2007 08:52 PM

RE: "DTE FLI DATA ERR" message

I believe that error comes up when I am re-programming my pony's 'puter.
While it's being accessed, downloaded from and uploaded to, that error shows up.
I don't have the foggiest wtf it means though. Maybe communications error? Or perhaps it means the ECU has spit dummy.
Wolfey2k

Wickerbill 10-20-2007 07:44 AM

DTE FLI DATA ERR
Distance To Empty Fuel Level Indicator Error

You have a bad sending unit my friend. You can clear the code but it will always come back, take it to the stealership and get them to check the fuel pump sending unit.

157dB 10-20-2007 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: Wickerbill

DTE FLI DATA ERR
Distance To Empty Fuel Level Indicator Error

You have a bad sending unit my friend. You can clear the code but it will always come back, take it to the stealership and get them to check the fuel pump sending unit.
:eek:
BINGO
+1
stealership time before the warranty runs out [:@]

cherrycandy001 10-20-2007 01:54 PM

I dont have the warranty anymore...
it came as is and already has more than 36,000 miles on it.
My new warranty will kick in in about 850 miles..
so question is...

me having a bad sending unit...does that damage the car?

Wickerbill 10-20-2007 02:13 PM

Depending on what the exact problem is. It doesnt neccessarily mean the sending unit is bad, maybe there is a spike in current caused by something else thats making the sending unit read bad.Maybe, and most likely, there is just a bad ground somewhere.All we can do here is speculate without having the car and running diagnostic scans. I would suggest getting it checked out asap. I wouldnt want to get stranded somewhere late at night because you ran out of gas and the gauge read wrong.

fklaszus 07-02-2009 06:47 PM

Had the same problem, took it to a dealership and they informed me that BOTH fuel pumps were defective and that they would have to be replaced...to the tune of $1200! Took car back, pulled out both fuel pumps and cleaned the circuit boards on the sending unit with 600 grit sandpaper, put it back together and have not had any problems with it since. Cost me 1 hour of my time and $25 for a Haynes manual to help out with pulling the fuel pump out. Very unimpressed with the dealership obviously. There is a replacement sending unit available for approx $50 from the dealerships as well.

mrfish 07-05-2009 03:09 PM

Easy Fix

I just fixed this very same problem 3 days ago. The parts cost $140 from the dealer and took about 1 hour to fix. TSB 06-10-13 part#s 7R3Z-9A299-C Fuel Level Sensor 7R3Z-9275-C Sender Assy - Fuel Tank (Sender
card on the Fuel Pump Module) You also need new gaskets.

It was way easier to replace than I thought.

Sancho805 07-06-2009 12:01 PM

did either of you have an aftermarket ipod adapter installed?

bdickens63 07-06-2009 12:37 PM

Ipod Harness

I have the same issue and an aftermarket ipod harness. Do you have any info?