Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo Predator computer connection issues...

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 08:08 PM
FTT

Default Diablo Predator computer connection issues...

Hey, im kinda really unsure as to what to do next...[/align]
I just ordered 3 tunes from bamma and would like to get them installed asap... when I tried to send the tunes to my predator i got some sort of
looks like this..

"Custom Tune Write Failed At Offset 0X40000, Size 1024, Count 1024, Code 27"... then
it says Unable to import file and that it was cancled... what am I doing
wrong???

quite honestly I have no idea what that means and so I have no basis with witch to decypher that...

Do I need some sort of base file or whats the deal here... Ive tried 1000 times to get my original backup from my predator but have had no luck at all. I belive I might have screwed up somthing because I know my original was in there... but I flashed the predator with a CROM from their site to see if that was the problem... well it didnt fix anything but now im worried I deleted my original backup... and my car is already flashed with some 91octane thing that the predator came with. Needless to say I dont know what to do next. Im using the serial to USB connection ... would that be the problem... do I need to have the compressed send thing on or off? the baud rates are all 115200... on the predator, the DSdownloader, the port thing under device settings ... everything... tried uninstalling, reinstalling everything ... any help would be much appreciated, thanks a million, ...

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks again

[/align]thanks again everyone,

FTT
[/align]
Old 11-08-2007, 09:35 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Predator computer connection issues...

sorry bout your issues dude. its most likely just typical PC issues. try plugging the predator back into your stang and see which tune was last written in your options section. if the original backup is installed then you dont have to worry that you lost your factory tune. if one the diablo canned tunes is installed, then your factory tune should be stored on your predator. try this and then get back to us and i'll try to help you the rest of the way.

NOTE: a copy of the factory tune needs to be in the SAME FOLDER as your bamma tunes in order to upload to your predator. i think the software calls the facotry tune the base file or something like that.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:37 PM
FTT

Hey man, thanks for the fast reply. Im currently at work so I am unable to check the stuff on my car (predator is at home) I have the canned tune for the C&L 91 octane performance tune installed already and I backed up my factory tune on my predator when I flashed the c&l tune... the problem ... or... what I am worried about is if I deleted my factory tune when I sent the new CROM file from the diablo site... not sure if it deleted it or not... every time I try and export the saved tune it starts ... gets like 2 packets in and freezes... now i dunno if im doing somthing wrong or what...

anyway, any help would be good, thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 12:45 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i highly doubt your orig. backup has been erased. i bet its the method in which you're trying to save onto the PC. i had a somewhat similar issue before and called diablo. they were pretty helpful and told me to use the "advanced" section when uploading or backing up. when i get a chance to get on my PC, i'll check it out so i can be more specific (i'm on a mac powerbook right now). good luck.
Old 11-09-2007, 12:53 AM
FTT

I appreciate it man... anything to help... its been a friggin headache :-p

FTT
Old 11-09-2007, 11:35 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

which Downloader program are you using? i just noticed that they have a new version 1.9.6.7 but still offer the legacy version (older version) 1.7.4.0. i'm still using the older version and it seems to work just fine. Either way, try installing or uploading tunes through the "Advanced Tuning" tab at the bottom of the window. I noticed that this is still the same on both versions. My past issues have been when i tried using the "Express Tune Mode". So, try the advanced mode and see how far you get this time. Let us know your progress. good luck.
Old 11-10-2007, 12:42 AM
FTT

I must be a freakin idiot... I go to the advance menu and when I click get tune from predator ... nothing... absolutley nothing happens... ill check when I get home... might try installing the older version of the installer. im at a loss here... because I actualy am computer literate... I build them as a hobby (a hobby which is on the backburner for now due to my growing mustang hobby)... Im going to work on it a bit more this weekend when I have some time... argh!

FTT
Old 11-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

maybe the baud rate is not correct. there are several settings you can play with to try to troubleshoot your issues. if you feel you've tried everything, just try giving diablo a call, they have been pretty helpful to me so hopefully they can help you out.
Old 11-11-2007, 02:50 AM
FTT

Ha!

Got it!

Turned out to be some kinda of software problem... funny thing is I had downloaded the software before it was updated... they updated it on the 7th of this month... 11-07-2007... how funny is that... oh well... installed the new software... connected with no problem... only issue I had after that was with the sending of custom tunes to the predator... but once you send them in a compressed format it worked.

Just installed these tunes on my predator:

Bama

91 octane torque
91 octane race
91 octane performace

tried out the torque and the race... so far... :-)

I freakin love the race tune... holy ____ I cant belive how awsome driving is with that tune...

does anyone know if driving with the race tune for an extended period of time (IE daily driving) is a problem?

thanks everyone, especialy you Sancho !

FTT
Old 11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

no prob man. cool that you get to enjoy your tunes now. i've been running the torq tune for awhile now with no probs. i havent heard of any sort of issuesrunning tunes for too long. if anything, i would think that its better for the engine.