Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
Old 10-16-2015, 12:25 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: General Overview
Print Wikipost

Service intervals?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 11:59 AM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Default Service intervals?

Hi, I've been having problems with the forum search feature. It doesn't seem to work. So this is where I'm at.

Anyways, I'm wondering if anyone knows where I can find the service intervals for this car, I looked around and can't find any information. The owner's manual just says to "see your scheduled maintenance intervals".

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 12:06 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Service intervals?

According to the "Normal Schedule For Your Vehicle" booklet that was given to me when I bought the car, it has stuff to be done every 5000 miles. Many guys on here don't like to wait that long to change oil though.
I have 2500 miles on my car with the original oil. I'm taken it in next month for State Inspection and it's first oil change.

Here's a few examples from the book;
5000 & 10,000 Miles
Oil and filter change, Tires rotated and balanced, Multi-point inspection

Oil and filter changed, Multi-point inspection, Tires rotated and balanced, Air Filter replaced, Cabin Air filter replaced,
Battery cleaned and serviced, Brakes inspected and serviced.

Old 11-09-2007, 12:13 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Ahh cool thanks, yeah my dealer showed me the 15k today and the only things I haven't done yet are replace the filters, but those are a lot cheaper than what they wanted Not sure what battery servicing is really, I doubt anyone really hooks up a trickle charger to one and lets it sit in the shop all day unless there's an issue with it. Most places don't know how to do a proper load test on them, I can do that. Usually on a battery I just start worrying about that when it is 5 years old. I'm not sure why you'd need to replace the cabin and air filters at 15k unless they are filled with dirt.

Well hmm ok maybe they did give me a book when they sold it to me, I'll check my file when I get home. I thought there might just be a document online for the vehicle.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 01:13 PM
rls82959
3rd Gear Member

I believe 5k and 10kare recommended, of course I change my own oil @ 3k intervals.
I don't have my manual with me, but I believe 15k miles is mandatory @ the dealer for warranty preservation.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:17 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

go here http://www.ford.com/owner-services/v...als-warranties

it will allow you to see your owners manual and service intervals.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:31 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Hmm I wasn't informed that it is mandatory for warranty preservation, will have to find out. I probably can find some way around that though. It says to keep record, receipts of maintenance performed. I probably can get some written up anyway, not like the maintenance isn't being performed after all. I'll have to check and see what's going on with that. 30k warranty is nothing anyways.

Ahh this is a good document, just as I suspected some things don't need to be replaced yet. Air filter and fuel filter were going to be replaced. I've worked on another car for a long time and know you don't have to replace that stuff at that interval unless there's an issue. Cabin filters need to be replaced at 15k, that isn't hard to do. I already did all of the rest, I doubt they'd have time to check my transmission fluid, as it doesn't have a dipstick.
Old 11-09-2007, 01:59 PM
laserred02
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rls82959

I believe 5k and 10kare recommended, of course I change my own oil @ 3k intervals.
I don't have my manual with me, but I believe 15k miles is mandatory @ the dealer for warranty preservation.
WRONG, nothing is mandatory at thedealer...not anything! You can do all the maintenance yourself and as long as you have some # of receipts you will be fine. I repeat after leaving the lot with your car you never ever have to bring it back for anything, and as long as you change the oil/filters on schedule you will be fine.
Old 11-09-2007, 02:07 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: laserred02

ORIGINAL: rls82959

WRONG, nothing is mandatory at thedealer...not anything! You can do all the maintenance yourself and as long as you have some # of receipts you will be fine. I repeat after leaving the lot with your car you never ever have to bring it back for anything, and as long as you change the oil/filters on schedule you will be fine.
Can I assume that if I don't purchase and keep a receipt for the cabin filters that that possibly will invalidate my warranty? I think to be on the safe side I should buy and install those right away.

Thanks
Old 11-09-2007, 02:25 PM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: amptor

I'm not sure why you'd need to replace the cabin and air filters at 15k unless they are filled with dirt.
I guess to makesure you keep the contaminates that's in the air out of your car and in your lungs. I know if you never change the cabin filter, after awhile the inside of your car may start to smell funky.

Many guys on here have said, it's an inexpensive part. I don't think it would void your warranty as long as you keep up with the maintenance on your car. Just make sure you keep all your receipts and write down when it's done.
Old 11-09-2007, 03:40 PM
amptor
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I'll buy it anyway, it's what Ford recommends and I doubt they're ever wrong on maintenance. Thanks guys.