Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 07:20 PM
Thebeachboi
1st Gear Member

Default First Upgrade

After convincing my dad to upgraed from a Kia to a Mustang, he finally bought an 07 Mustang convertable. Its automatic, and in the next year it will be my car. My dad's birthday is coming up soon, and i want to know what would be the most efficient upgrade to do. I was looking into dual exausts, but the cost of both the GT rear bumper, and the exaust set is a little more penny then i can spend (believe me, if i had the coin, it would be finished). I already have a cold air intake on the list. Any other suggestions?

His birthdays friday.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:21 PM
oshkoshbajawsh
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: First Upgrade

some 22 avarus av1's by savini
Old 11-13-2007, 07:32 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Intake and tune! The tune will make a night and day difference in the car.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:38 PM
Thebeachboi
1st Gear Member

links to items would be great, so i get an idea of what Im looking for.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:15 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: Thebeachboi

After convincing my dad to upgraed from a Kia to a Mustang, he finally bought an 07 Mustang convertable. Its automatic, and in the next year it will be my car. My dad's birthday is coming up soon, and i want to know what would be the most efficient upgrade to do. I was looking into dual exausts, but the cost of both the GT rear bumper, and the exaust set is a little more penny then i can spend (believe me, if i had the coin, it would be finished). I already have a cold air intake on the list. Any other suggestions?

His birthdays friday.
If you want to go duals you don't have to also buy a GT bumper. It is easy to cut the V6 bumper to provide an opening for the driver side muffler - a template is available at www.pypesexhaust.com it was also posted in a thread some time ago, if you can make the search function work.
I cut my V6 bumper, and I like the "old school rolled pan" effect. It's a little hard to see because it is a black car and there are shadows:

Old 11-14-2007, 06:24 PM
ether947

ORIGINAL: JimC

ORIGINAL: Thebeachboi

His birthdays friday.
If you want to go duals you don't have to also buy a GT bumper. It is easy to cut the V6 bumper to provide an opening for the driver side muffler - a template is available at www.pypesexhaust.com it was also posted in a thread some time ago, if you can make the search function work.
I cut my V6 bumper, and I like the "old school rolled pan" effect. It's a little hard to see because it is a black car and there are shadows:

You're in SE Michigan right? I would love to hear your dual exhaust setup.

I've only seen one 4.0 with duals and that was at the Dreamcruise... and I couldn't hear it.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Thebeachboi
1st Gear Member

he said that he will buy the dual exaust, and i would just pay 1/2. The K&N filter is something i didnt bring up, since he would want to go halfs on that also. So which filter is the best?

Dual Exaust coming in December.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:39 PM
JimC

ORIGINAL: ether947

I've only seen one 4.0 with duals and that was at the Dreamcruise... and I couldn't hear it.
Ether, yes I live in the Port Huron area and work in downtown Detroit. Just let me know when you want to get together and where to hear the set up. Where are you located?
Old 11-14-2007, 08:03 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Go to vmptuning.com and see about his 4.0 V-6 tune. Gets rid of that dangerous lag on automatics and makes it a totally different car. The new found response is great. Duals look nice but vmp has a V-6 power package with the X-cal2 tunner,hisintake specialand a GT muffler for a good price. Helps with highway mileage too. Justin knows his stuff. If you only do one mod to your car this is it!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:21 PM
ether947

ORIGINAL: ether947

Ether, yes I live in the Port Huron area and work in downtown Detroit. Just let me know when you want to get together and where to hear the set up. Where are you located?
Sweet... I might just take you up on that. I live in Royal Oak and work in Novi. Unfortunately (or fortunately depending on your perspective) I am working everyday up until Thanksgiving.

Hopefully it doesn't snow until Xmas...

I'll send you a PM instead of further hijacking this thread...