Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

srt4

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2007, 09:33 PM
cobra232
5th Gear Member

Default RE: srt4

they are a harsh car like the PT cruiser GT. torque steer is tremendous. but they can run hard. they are lighter than the stang.

my procharged 98 runs stock srt4's by a couple of cars. they are about equal to a stock 99+ GT which i put away also even bolt on GT's for the most part don't pull me at all and i only put down 230rwhp/270ftlbs. an 05+ 4.0 would need to have 250rwhp 300ftlbs to equal what i run given the same gearing because they are heavier.

as a comparasion an 05+ 4.0 tried me the other day and it wasn't pretty for him. i had about 8 cars on him by 80mph. it was stock but it shows that even a full bolt on 4.0 ( add 20hp tops) will not fair much better.

as others have said traction is the SRT's downfall. if you can hole shot them with full boltons and gears with a detroit truetrac then it will be a good race up to about 65mph when the srt will walk past you. a 50shot and no problem. the SRT from a dig is toast. from a 30 roll he has you but not by alot
Old 11-17-2007, 11:02 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jsierzega

if i only lost by a half of car length to the new eclipse gt(tiptronic) w/ an intake and race tires then how would i hold up against a stock srt4 with a decent driver. mine is an auto. and do you think a b@m@ 93 race tune and jlt intake would give me the edge?
as a former now srt4 owner, i can tell you that srt4 are underated theyare about 250 hp and the curve weight is 29000 lbs...they have better hp/weight ratio and they are manuals..From a dig u have the advantage but eventually the srt4 will catch up and pass u with ease...They are good for low fourteens or high thirteens with good tractions and they trap about 101mph at the 1/4 mile. now if the srt driver sucks u will own him period. Now dont fu...k with modded ones they are fast, when i had my goat making about 330rwp one of those suckers handed my **** to me []
Old 11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 8cd03gro

The stage kits are not stock. They are mopar aftermarket kits, much like the frpp aftermarket parts for the GT and V6, only they maintain the factory warranty. Stock for stock, with a good driver an srt-4 will rip apart a stock v6. With the usual bolt ons, from a dig, if the srt is stock, the v6 could pull ahead, but after you hit around 100mph that srt is gonna start pulling hard. You have to remember guys, the srt-4's put down more power stock than we do with bolt ons and they are lighter...their only weak point is major traction issues. modded srt's will smoke you if you don't have a power adder and they can drive, so don't go hunting them. They have seen 13's stock, and it is damn easy to get them to 12's.
+1 man, hey did u get the goat? anyways i have some goodies in case u are interested. I ll give an awesome deal....sorry for the hijack thread [:-]
Old 11-17-2007, 11:43 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

yeah i actually almost bought a red srt4 myself. we would prolly only race to about 80 or so since its on the street and i figured the kid is only 18 so he cant be that good of a driver. and like you said they have tration problems
Old 11-17-2007, 11:47 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

yeah i actually almost bought a red srt4 myself. we would prolly only race to about 80 or so since its on the street and i figured the kid is only 18 so he cant be that good of a driver. and like you said they have tration problems
if he sucks driving u ll own him, otherwisehe will rip u apart. are u sure he is stock? a cai and and exhaust does wonders on turboed cars
Old 11-17-2007, 11:49 PM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

im pretty sure hes not a good driver becuase ive seen him stall multiple times in the school parking lot. and not many ppl are good at launching from a dig
Old 11-17-2007, 11:53 PM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

im pretty sure hes not a good driver becuase ive seen him stall multiple times in the school parking lot. and not many ppl are good at launching from a dig
if he stalls the car then im more than sure u ll own him
Old 11-18-2007, 12:02 AM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

im not trying to be cocky. i know an srt4 would blow a v6 out of the water with a good driver. also when my car was stock i had raced a v6 with intake and 93 tune and won. both were auto. i have no idea lol. then i raced a civic si with alot done to it and won and then raced an 06 eclipse wich had a couple mods and barely lost. idk if my car came from the factory diff. to use the term "factory freak" might sound stupid but me and my friends have no other explination.
Old 11-18-2007, 12:07 AM
cacimar
5th Gear Member

maybe, it seems to me u got a strong torque monster
Old 11-18-2007, 12:10 AM
Jsierzega
3rd Gear Member

ill let you guys no how it goes, but i appriciate all the help

Quick Reply: srt4