Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Plan for my power!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2008, 05:11 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Default Plan for my power!

Ok well ive thought about his for a while and ime not changing this plan! I have been really close a few times the past month or so to selling the 6 and getting 2004 gt with 40000 miles on it but i have decided that the 6 needs some go fast goodies and has the potential! So i plan on by the middle of summer getting the ph turbo or another one that might come out between now and then if it is any better. Also Ime looking at getting new heads, cam, pistons and hopefully they will have more to offer from super six motor sports soon! I want to keep the 6 cause its diff. and no one expects a v6 to be so nice! I know that this is a huge plan and lots of money but in the end it will be worth it! What do you all think?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:09 PM
s197Rob

Default RE: Plan for my power!

The sleeper six idea is a great one, gone are the days of needing a big block V8(though they sound so sexy) because technology has aloud huge gains in the lower displacement world. I like your idea to keep your six. It's a project yes, but the finished product is much more rewarding. Good luck, I myself have looked at some of the 4 bangers as a project car(yes, 4 banger put your ropes and chains away) they're extremely fast. The Evo X and the new 08 STI are in GT power territory. The 08 STI is rocking I believe a 2.5 L turbo charged 4 cylinder at 14 psi, it can handle up to 20-21 easily and is awd. Just remember this, with whatever you do, 4-Cylinder, Six, or 8, heck even 12, that its about the fun you have!
Old 01-25-2008, 06:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: samv1368

Ok well ive thought about his for a while and ime not changing this plan! I have been really close a few times the past month or so to selling the 6 and getting 2004 gt with 40000 miles on it but i have decided that the 6 needs some go fast goodies and has the potential! So i plan on by the middle of summer getting the ph turbo or another one that might come out between now and then if it is any better. Also Ime looking at getting new heads, cam, pistons and hopefully they will have more to offer from super six motor sports soon! I want to keep the 6 cause its diff. and no one expects a v6 to be so nice! I know that this is a huge plan and lots of money but in the end it will be worth it! What do you all think?
What do i think??? I'm thinking you must have lots of money... Looking at $10K... probably more... maybe much more... Define "worth it in the end"... what is your goal?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:21 PM
s197Rob

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: samv1368

What do i think??? I'm thinking you must have lots of money... Looking at $10K... probably more... maybe much more... Define "worth it in the end"... what is your goal?
/agree a PH turbo with an intercooler is 4000+, and head's Cam etc. If you have it, and its what you want go for it
Old 01-25-2008, 06:47 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

wouldnt a new driveshaft be a good idea also?
Old 01-25-2008, 06:56 PM
s197Rob

Yes, if you plan on hitting 100+ often, the stock driveshaft past 140(? I think s the speed) will crap out. I also would recommend one if you start putting down some serious hp.
Old 01-25-2008, 06:58 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

yep... probably want to swap in a 8.8 also.... if he has a manual, he'll want to upgrade the clutch right away and plan on replacing the stock tranny probably not long after... if he's got an automatic it will hold up better than the T5, so no need to worry about that right away... but needs to keep it in mind...

Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
s197Rob

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: Sancho805

yep... probably want to swap in a 8.8 also.... if he has a manual, he'll want to upgrade the clutch right away and plan on replacing the stock tranny probably not long after... if he's got an automatic it will hold up better than the T5, so no need to worry about that right away... but needs to keep it in mind...

+1 on the 8.8, it will also come with a TLok Differential, if you pull from a GT.
Old 01-25-2008, 07:03 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: s197Rob

Yes, if you plan on hitting 100+ often, the stock driveshaft past 140(? I think s the speed) will crap out
actually i never drove my car over 110... the driveshaft didn't come apart but it vibrated so dang bad it kept taking out my rear pinion seal...
Old 01-25-2008, 09:11 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Ya i know all the little things i need i just am trying to get a idea together and yes it will cost a ton, and the stock ds only lasts to 113 doesnt it?

Quick Reply: Plan for my power!