Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Impulsive buy, but...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2008, 05:51 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Default Impulsive buy, but...

...I finally decided to nut up and put down the cash on the FRPP exhaust kit. Got it from CJ Pony Parts with the 10% off deal. While I was at it, got a T-Lok as well. I promptly felt a bit of a sinking feeling coinciding with my draining bank account, yetit will cheer me up as soon as I get it I'm sure! Can't wait! just thought I'd share that. I'm taking odyssey's advice and putting it on myself. Updates as soon as I get it on!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:54 PM
samv1368
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Impulsive buy, but...

Great mods, you wont have that feeling when you drive it for the first time!
Old 02-17-2008, 06:05 PM
addison85
2nd Gear Member

Same feeling I got when I bought my intake/tuner. Not really used to forkin up that kind of dough...that is...since the mondo down payment for the stang. lol
Old 02-17-2008, 06:09 PM
Rhino77
2nd Gear Member

Ah, don't sweat it man, money comes and goes. The fun you'll get out of it will be in greater proportion than the sorrow you felt in seeing your money be whisked away. I've got quite a list of mods yet to do, so I need to land a few deals and make about 6K in commisions...Turbocharger, hood, duals, tint, driveshaft etc...

Oh well, as the scripture says:

"Will you set your eyes on that which is not? For riches certainly make themselves wings; They fly away like an eagle toward heaven" Proverbs 23:5
Old 02-17-2008, 06:19 PM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

I'm gonna be dropping the same cash for the FRPP next month, can't wait to fork it over
Old 02-17-2008, 06:28 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

You're really going to love both mods. The t-lok is a must.. and the FRPP kit sounds really sweet. My wife took the car the other day.. and as I watched her pull away.. I was surprised at how mean it sounds from the outside...
Old 02-17-2008, 08:15 PM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

Yea go for it man. I would like to know some things Please guys the T-Loc I found was $199 Then Ford Does not make a Master Install kit for it. That to me seams Stupid. So Thats another $98 then I seen something about some kind of anti lock solution you need to put in for the first install so what else am I missing that is needed? Oh yea I do not plan on a gear change Im going with the stock gear set. I do not race or drag and do a 30 mile HWY drive once every 2 week so I like the gas milage I get and its fast enough for me.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
tmsmith
3rd Gear Member

How much did you end up paying for the exhaust? I just looked at the website, and they no longer have the 10%. BAAAAH.

Do they do this every Friday? Or did I miss my chance?

Congrats by the way. Can't wait to order mine.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:21 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Thats Ford friction modifier part #CM-19546-A1,available at all Ford dealers. One bottle needs to be put in with the axle lube EACH time you change fluid on FRPP trac-lok differentials. You can get install kits for the 7.5 rear at most speed shops or on line at most gear sellers.You don't need the master kit because it has parts you don't need. You just need carrier bearings& races and maybe ring gear bolts.FELPRO cover gasket is #RDS55393 or just use gasket sealant. I just ordered the same parts(FRPP trac-lok & FRPP dual exhaust kit)and can't wait for them to arrive. Got the dual kit from CJ Pony Parts too. Great price w/10% off!
Old 02-17-2008, 10:24 PM
my first mustang
3rd Gear Member

Only Fridays in February and oversize shipping is another $30.00. Still a good price!

Quick Reply: Impulsive buy, but...