Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2007, 03:21 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!

[:@] i posted earlier this year about this problem and thought it was resolved but now its back. the first time it happened i ended up taking it to the dealership with the error still on my display and they said it was due to a faulty data transfer wire which they replaced. since then all was fine and i even almost forgot about the whole problem until this past weekend it came back and for whatever reason, my battery went dead also. i know the temporary fix which is to disconnect the battery for 15 seconds or so then reconnect. this works but its not a permanent fix because the damn error returns. this recent episode is worse since my battery went dead along with the error. i didnt want to waste any time so i charged up the battery, noticed that the error message was gone, and took it to the dealership anyways. they call me today saying they are having trouble figuring out the problem since the error is not presently on the display. i told them that this problem happened before and i brought it in (with error message on the screen, which they have a record of) but they still can't figure it out. i'm hoping somebody in the forums has pinpointed this damn issue and hopefully a fix for it. ANYBODY STILL DEALING WITH THIS MYSTERY PROBLEM?? HELP!![&:]
Old 06-28-2007, 03:25 AM
tdbrown75
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!

Do you have an iPod adapter installed by chance?
Old 06-28-2007, 03:29 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

yes i do. its the PERIPHERAL gadget that lets me use the aux button to switch back and forth between the stereo and input device.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:07 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

I have answered this before as it has happend on BOTH of our 06 convertibles!!!

DTE FLI ERROR

Distance till empty; Fuel level indicator error.

You'll need a new fuel sending unit. (yes it may be the wiring)

When I took the first 06Mustang in (mine), I was told "That's not an error code!" I was like call it what you will that's what shows up on my display and my fuel gauge reads empty and I have 0 miles until empty and to me when it clearly states ERROR it would seem to be an ERROR code. Service guy was like, "Well I've never seen that before, all error codes start with a 'p'!"Well tomorrow when I bringour second06 Mustangdown (my wife's)hereyou willNOT be able to say that again! He was like "Huh!" I saidYes, we have 206 convertible Mustangs with the same ERRORcode and same symtoms, call it what ever you want, I want it fixed. 2 days later parts were in and both cars were fix! (except the improper installation of the fuel pump on my Mustang, wifes was Mustangfine!!)It should be covered under warrenty! MAKE SURE they install the fuel pump backin the correct orentation(arrow pointing to driver rear tire!)
Old 06-28-2007, 06:21 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

something is effed up with your electronics and myabe your ECU. that is what shows up on the screen when you reflash
Old 06-28-2007, 08:42 AM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

chrisc, at the time of the erroe codesNEITHER of our cars had be flashed! Suspension mods only! engine, electronics, and everything else 100% stock.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:53 AM
SS_06GT
1st Gear Member

I had the same problem. It is the ipod hook you have. Whenthe dealershipunhooked the ipod hookup my car has been fine since. That was about 4 months ago. And I have driven about 4000 miles since it was unhooked.
Old 06-28-2007, 11:03 AM
DUG5SPD
2nd Gear Member

hey ss o6 gt, nice paint job, the silver on the side looks badass
Old 06-28-2007, 03:09 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05SDI

I have answered this before as it has happend on BOTH of our 06 convertibles!!!

DTE FLI ERROR

Distance till empty; Fuel level indicator error.

You'll need a new fuel sending unit. (yes it may be the wiring)

When I took the first 06Mustang in (mine), I was told "That's not an error code!" I was like call it what you will that's what shows up on my display and my fuel gauge reads empty and I have 0 miles until empty and to me when it clearly states ERROR it would seem to be an ERROR code. Service guy was like, "Well I've never seen that before, all error codes start with a 'p'!"Well tomorrow when I bringour second06 Mustangdown (my wife's)hereyou willNOT be able to say that again! He was like "Huh!" I saidYes, we have 206 convertible Mustangs with the same ERRORcode and same symtoms, call it what ever you want, I want it fixed. 2 days later parts were in and both cars were fix! (except the improper installation of the fuel pump on my Mustang, wifes was Mustangfine!!)It should be covered under warrenty! MAKE SURE they install the fuel pump backin the correct orentation(arrow pointing to driver rear tire!)
How long ago did you send it in? Has it acted up since? I want to give the dealershipyour info today since they are having trouble duplicating the message and probably don't believe anyting is wrong. Did the techs tell you if the "fuel sending unit" was a critical issue for the car's health? THANKS FOR THE FEEDBACK! hopefully this issue gets resolved once and for all so i can get back to concentrating on some mod upgrades!
Old 06-28-2007, 10:40 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

The short answer,
Both cars were driven MONTHS with this intermittent proble.m before I took them in! Wifes car was driven about 6 months, mine was in storageall winter but it was about 9 months between when it happened the first time and when I finally took it in.

Quick Reply: DTE FLI DATA ERROR.... it's back!!!