Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

STEEDA CAI

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2005, 12:11 PM
crawz
1st Gear Member

Default STEEDA CAI

Grrrr, I am a very impatient person and I really want the v6 Steeda Cold Air Intaketo come out. Anyone hear anything or are as impatient as I am?

[sm=sigh.gif]
Old 04-08-2005, 12:18 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: STEEDA CAI

I'm being all impatient waiting for them to adapt the Explorer X-Charger (supercharger) to fit the V6 stang...

FYI - if you have a V6 stang in the SF Bay Area, I can hook you up with a company that's looking for a car to use for design of this device... payment? Once free X-Charger...
Old 04-08-2005, 01:05 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

From what I've heard it should be out anytime. Personally I'm going to get a JLT or C&L. The Steeda just replaces the air box (for $260) and other systems replace the whole deal. The JLT is going to be like $160 when it comes out. And I'm not sure if anyone has a reflash tuner for the V6 yet and you have to have one for CAI. Also a performance shop that specializes in Mustangs recommended to me that putting duals on first would be more beneficial than CAI since you won't get the full benefit of the CAI since all the air your sucking in doesn't have anywhere to go.
Old 04-08-2005, 04:02 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

cheysdaddy:

Sounds good, but what kind of performance will the JLT have over the Steeda? Steeda's not cheap, but it's a pretty trusted name.
Old 04-08-2005, 05:10 PM
cheysdaddy
1st Gear Member

flapjack:
I saw a post on another site with results up against a C&L or Steeda and it beat it pretty good
Old 04-08-2005, 07:33 PM
wags256

I just got an email from Steeda saying the CAI for the V6 will be out in 10 to 14 days.
Old 04-10-2005, 05:45 AM
JSlade8581
1st Gear Member

I've heard the same stuff from Steeda on their timeline... Of course, they've already passed the time that they originally told me. The CAIs are all ready, but they're waiting for a tune before they release the product. I know MAC is coming out with a CAI, and they are some more contenders...

I was originally going to hold out for Steeda, but now I think I'm going to wait for more concrete information before I buy.
Old 04-10-2005, 11:47 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

im with you i think i am going to use the mac one. it uses the old sensor you remove it from your airbox and install it in the new unit. when i mentioned this to my buddy at ford he said i shouldnt need to reflash because the computer will see the same sensor and it will also compinsate for the new air flow. but when i talked to mac last week they said about 3 weeks. i may just buy the stocl k&n replacment for now. mac is ony about 40 min from my house so when it is out i will drive there and check it out myself. i also may pick up there muffler at the same time. maybe i can work a deal with them and i can install both there so they can check it out if any glitches. ill keep you posted if i go that way
Tom
Old 04-10-2005, 02:46 PM
Lizardking
1st Gear Member

I think Im stopping all mods until some better products are on the market. I had a Volant intake on my Focus, I was very impressed with it. It flowed more air than I needed, no water worries like a CAI has, and it had a factory fit and finish. I had a CAI at first, but I lost alot of low end power and the roads around here drian very poor, I had to be very careful when it was wet, what a PITA.

I want a true dual exhaust, not a split y-pipe. As long as Im spending the time and money I may as well have the best system I can get. I know nothing about Pypes exhausts, but I lloked on thier website at the 3.8 system. It bolts to the manifolds and is very similar to the factory V8 system. Thats the type Im looking for, so I will wait until one hits the market. In the mean time I bought a oem GT axle back off e-bay, so I can use the right side muffler for now. I plan on useing the oem mufflers anyway, I like it quite back there.

I cant decide if Im going to cut the V6 bumper or get a GT bumper to run the duals. Whats everyone else planning?
Old 04-10-2005, 09:50 PM
StupidTodd
2nd Gear Member

I'm planning on using the GT bumper...

would like to keep everything from the car, so I can put it back together "stock" if I need to...

Quick Reply: STEEDA CAI