Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

underglow rice or nice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2008, 07:47 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: underglow rice or nice?

I don't think it's legal in my state.
If you want them on for car shows, then fine, but for everyday use is too rice for me.
Old 05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

You should have your mustang license revoked
Old 05-12-2008, 09:14 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

ORIGINAL: howarmat

You should have your mustang license revoked
That made me laugh....

Seriously, neon belongs on the front of my local bar and no place else.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:15 AM
wildboi013
2nd Gear Member

I know I would take alot of beating for it ha... as far as wheels I will take a beating for those as well seeing as to im going to get 5 spoke 20's more than likely and lowered like the saleen cars look but as a big fan of the fast and furious and other likeness shows I like the look they give even though the pictures really dont do justice lol..... I understand your hate of the rice on the muscle car but this car will not be rice lolI have an eclipse that that is for i just havent seen many stangs with it.....

p.s. no it is not illegal as long as it is not flashing or the bulbs cannot be seen just the glow is what my fellow police officer told me...

keep the bashing or loving coming or mostly bashing haha
Old 05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
PennState
6th Gear Member

rice..footwell ones are nice though
Old 05-12-2008, 10:50 AM
optras
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wildboi013

I know I would take alot of beating for it ha... as far as wheels I will take a beating for those as well seeing as to im going to get 5 spoke 20's more than likely and lowered like the saleen cars look but as a big fan of the fast and furious and other likeness shows I like the look they give even though the pictures really dont do justice lol..... I understand your hate of the rice on the muscle car but this car will not be rice lolI have an eclipse that that is for i just havent seen many stangs with it.....

p.s. no it is not illegal as long as it is not flashing or the bulbs cannot be seen just the glow is what my fellow police officer told me...

not bashing, but personally I don't see any point in spending that much money putting more things on your car that are only going to make it slower. 1200-watt soundsystem next? Lambo doors? Just enjoy it, but it's not any urge I've ever had to do to a car.
Old 05-12-2008, 10:54 AM
alverjay
2nd Gear Member

is someone cooking some uncle bens??
Old 05-12-2008, 11:12 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

You need to check out the laws of every state as it varies from state to state.

I'm about 98% sure that Underglow or Neons are illegal in the state of Virginia. That's why we don't see too many because they are considered a distraction for other drivers.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:54 AM
kngdaka
4th Gear Member

Definitely rice. Gives V6 owners a bad name for sure.

As for the laws, I know you can have white ones but any other color=illegal.
Old 05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Yellow Tang
2nd Gear Member

LOL you did too. The sad thing is I like neon under a car at a car show and when in FLA I have seen it on Ricers and That is the ONLY thing on a Ricer I Like. LOL I do not have the kahonas to put it on my car for fear of having my Mustang License revoked LOL That was Funny As far as 20" go That dog just aint gona bark around here. LOL people don't like 20" on our cars But I have noticed that almost all Big car Moded Show cars Like from Cervinis ALL have 20" rims on them. I have 18" on my car and I think that is the MAX for our S197 and I am sure there are people on here that will say NO 17" is Max so to quote another Max (Maxwell Smart) I missed it by That much but I still have my Mustang License LOL

Quick Reply: underglow rice or nice?