Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

NEED HELP!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 11:14 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

Default NEED HELP!!

ok so i posted a day or two ago about how my car was giving the check engine light, but I realized that that wasnt the engine light, but it was the regulator light that ford puts on the car(the wrench symbol), but tonight..im driving around and when im in drive(its an auto) and i am sitting at stop sign and it putters, sounds like shes about to die. I look at my RPMs and they are dipping below 500. when its time for me to go again, i give it gas, but nothing happens, but then suddenly it will boost ahead. so then i drove to get some gas and after i filled up, she was acting normal again, i thought that maybe when i turn the car off and then back on, it makes everything better, so i drive to my gym and it was acting ok, i get out of the gym, no sooner do i turn onto the main road that it starts puttering like crazy and the service engine light comes on, i would give it a lil gas and it would barely move. what can i do!??! i have an evolution tune on it, could that be the case?! i need help!!
Old 05-14-2008, 11:19 PM
Favre4TD
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: NEED HELP!!

Id flip the stock tune back and see what happens. Not for too long tho cuz it will be running lean.

Or try and re-flash the custom tune again.

call me crazy but every once in a while I reflash my bama tune and I think the car reacts to it.
Old 05-15-2008, 12:38 AM
phunnyguy
4th Gear Member

also there is a tsb for fuel pumps....something to do with air getting in them...not sure if it was for 05 and 06 or just 06....i know about it cause my rides vin fell into the ones affected....the fix took about an hour....id be willing to bet its perhaps a combination of the two if 05 was affected with the TSB and your vin fell into that lot...you would need to check with your service guy at the dealer.......

just a thought....

there is a tsb section on the forums here....look in there and see if your year has this tsb.....my car never had any lights come on...but it reacted in similar fashion...but because im a manual i thought it was me with the clutch at first......LOL
Old 05-15-2008, 12:51 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

this is dumb...but..how do you reflash
Old 05-15-2008, 01:17 AM
blackstang14
2nd Gear Member

Use you x calibrator and hook it up to your computer port under the driver dash (didn't you have to do this when you installed the Evo tune??) Then just selct program vehicle and it will give you the option to return to stock.
Old 05-15-2008, 07:34 AM
PonyUp
1st Gear Member

Have you messed with your air filter box lately? Sounds like the same thing that happened to me. Ended up needing a new throttle body. A loose filter box was allowing dirty air to enter the TB and after time, it cloged the heck out of it. All of the sudden the car sputtered, and could not move any faster than like 2 mph
Old 05-15-2008, 08:32 AM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

just updating you guys i took Favre4TD's advice and reflashed the computer, and the CEL is gone and it seems to be running really well, so hopefully that was the fix, Im gonna drive her around for a bit see if anything creeps up on me, thanks so much you guys for the help, you dont know how much I appreciate it. Thanks again
Old 05-15-2008, 03:57 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

alrighty updating again, after i reflashed, i drove her to work and she seemed ok, but then i just got off, and i was on the road, and when im in drive, idle, and the engine fan kicks on then the RPMs drop below or at 500, what could fix this? is it a battery problem?
Old 05-15-2008, 04:19 PM
goffball5
2nd Gear Member

i called evolution and they seem to think its definetly a bad alternator, how much do they cost?
Old 05-15-2008, 07:58 PM
07lane40
3rd Gear Member

the alt shouldnt cause that. a bad alt should only cause you electrical to run poorly.