Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What should I do?

Old 08-15-2008, 06:28 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

Default What should I do?

Ok I want to go FI eventually but as for right now I just want some power, I just have and exhaust system with headers right now. I cant deciede either to buy and Intake with a tune and get a Throttle body and spacer to go along with that. I am getting ready to start college and I dont know if I should get the intake and all the other things that I mentioned to go along with it or not. I mean eventally I hope to get an Xcharger to put on it anyways so that will just make this stuff useless unless of course I sold it on ebay or something. I just cant decide either to save my money till I can get the X or just get the full intake system and a tune while I am at it.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:37 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

If you do get the intake, don't get a throttle body spacer, they do nothing. And it really depends on when you're going to buy an X-charger. It would probably be best to buy it after college in my opinion.
Old 08-15-2008, 06:50 PM
Black Mamba GTT
4th Gear Member

You are going to be wasting your money if you buy the intake and tune and you are going to do the x. Cause the x comes with its own inatke and you will have to tune it after anyway so why waste your money.

I would just be patient IMO.

Get T-lok and gears if I were you.
Old 08-15-2008, 09:07 PM
BWfVA
4th Gear Member

See that is another thing, if I go with the CAI and tune then I will buy a 8.8 rear but I am gonna keep the stock gears because of gas and plus I like having some top end in 4th gear. So if I wait till after college to get the X, and I could get the rear, CAI TB and tune, and possible some wheels instead of just the X which I will get later

Search this Thread