Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005-2009 V6 AC delete

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 07:25 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default 2005-2009 V6 AC delete

Does anyone know if there is a vendor that makes a kit or brackets that allow the AC compressor to be removed from the late model Mustang 4.0 liter engine?
Old 02-24-2009, 09:09 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Dude, you live in Florida, and you want to remove your AC? I know in Texas I would be dying of heat stroke!
Old 02-25-2009, 08:06 AM
07heat
2nd Gear Member

Question

Originally Posted by jwilhelm
Does anyone know if there is a vendor that makes a kit or brackets that allow the AC compressor to be removed from the late model Mustang 4.0 liter engine?
Why would you want to do this...just curious.
Old 02-25-2009, 09:42 AM
mustangfan410
The 2014 Mustang Forums T-Shirt Design Winner

?????????
Old 02-25-2009, 10:27 AM
MR305
1st Gear Member

it is obvious to me.. he just don't have enough time to go to the gym/spa so he will use the car as a spa and at the same time increase MPG because will reduce the weight of the car.. lol JK..

never heard of that one..
+1 what the purpose of it?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:34 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

I would assume it would be to reduce weight to help his et. But I don't think you will see that much of a difference, and I sure as heck wouldn't want to sacrafice AC for ET
Old 02-25-2009, 10:39 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

ODDYSEY is correct. Jack is most likely looking for weight savings and more power. I was told that simply bypassing the AC would not free up any HP because the compressor basically freewheels when the system is off. But removing the components would save weight, thus making the car quicker.

If you are looking to free up some HP, consider doing a Power Streeting Bypass (for the track only). I looked, and the brackets can be modified to slightly raise the AC compressor and raise up the idler pulley to clear the central pulley. The alternator can be adjusted in height for final adjustment with a shorter belt. I dropped the project when I sold my PP coupe.

And Jack, PLEASE take your lightweight V6 to the track this season so we can all see how well that car of yours will do.
Old 02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
jwilhelm
2nd Gear Member

Default I love abuse, thank you guys for your comments

I was just curious whether or not anyone made it possible (easy) to remove the air. Yeah, the summer and its 95 degree heat is coming. I think maybe I will go the manual steering route though when Flamming River comes out with their 05-09 manual steering rack in July. Here's a shot of my girls, both, especially Sue is doing just fine these days. Sue did very well through her cancer surgery. Take care all, Jack.
Attached Thumbnails 2005-2009 V6 AC delete-113_1379.jpg  
Old 02-26-2009, 08:06 AM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Originally Posted by jwilhelm
I was just curious whether or not anyone made it possible (easy) to remove the air. Yeah, the summer and its 95 degree heat is coming. I think maybe I will go the manual steering route though when Flamming River comes out with their 05-09 manual steering rack in July. Here's a shot of my girls, both, especially Sue is doing just fine these days. Sue did very well through her cancer surgery. Take care all, Jack.
Glad to hear that!
Old 02-27-2009, 12:33 PM
Paleoc
2nd Gear Member

Rip out your stereo and speakers. Nothing but dead weight there. Along with your back seat don't forget to jerk out the passenger seat. With no passenger, you don't need that right side windshield wiper. Carpeting, useless, get rid of it. Headliner, no one even touches it, worthless weight, shouldn't have been there in the first place. I bet there's a few pounds of emblems on the car. Block off the water lines to the heater core and then pull that block of porkage. If you don't need an AC in Florida, why would you need a heater? With no heat or AC, then what is the fan for? Pull it. No heater, AC, stereo or fan, certainly no need for a dashboard to cover or hold them. Cars are big things, I bet it takes several pounds of paint to cover them. Break out that sander and grind off that useless blubber.

Quick Reply: 2005-2009 V6 AC delete