Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Final X-Charger items...

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 02:02 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Default Final X-Charger items...

Ok guys, I think I have everything in place before I order my x-charger, but I just wanted to verify a few things first.

I ordered my Speed of Sound a-pillar gauge pod today. In it I will be putting:

Auto Meter - Nexus: Boost/Vaacum
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3267&sid=42

Auto Meter - Nexus: Fuel Pressure
http://www.autometer.com/cat_gaugede...id=3268&sid=42

Along with their sensor module which is required for those gauges. I am holding off on the wideband air/fuel gauge at least for a little bit, i figure the fuel pressure gauge will be good enough, what do you think?

I will be ordering my x-charger tune pack from bamachips this week so I can ensure they will be here before my x-charger arrives so I don't run into a nuclearmuscle incident (no offense nuc)

I have the FRPP dual exhaust, 3.73's, t-lok, frpp springs, tokico d-specs on the rear and nitto 555's, and bmp adj. panhard.... is there anything else that is a MUST HAVE before I order my x-charger?

Also, I am still undecided on if I should go with the HIPO (3" pulley) or HIPO Plus (2.8" pulley),I am leaning more towards the HIPO Plus because I want the most out of my x, but this is my daily driver and I don't want additional wear and tear. Suggestions?
Old 03-02-2009, 02:42 PM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

I would go wideband and put the fuel pressure on hold.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:48 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

those nexus gauges are really cool, i wouldve picked them up in a second if i could afford them

sounds like youre good to go. i dont run a wideband so its not the end of the world if you dont have one. i think dougs tunes are pretty standard and should put you right where you want to be as far as a/f ratio.
Old 03-02-2009, 02:52 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by GrayPony
I would go wideband and put the fuel pressure on hold.
I will get a wideband a/f, but I don't want it to go in the sos gauge pod. I will figure out some other place to mount it, and at a later time.

Originally Posted by Devil Wolf
those nexus gauges are really cool, i wouldve picked them up in a second if i could afford them

sounds like youre good to go. i dont run a wideband so its not the end of the world if you dont have one. i think dougs tunes are pretty standard and should put you right where you want to be as far as a/f ratio.
That what was I was hoping for, and yea I was not expecting those Nexus gauges to be so much, but I figured if I am going to do it, I am going to do it the way I want. Plus they mimic the mycolor so well.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:09 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Congrats man, it's going to be a beast.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:52 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Thanks,

For those who care, I just got off the phone with Dave at Explorer Express to finalize my remaining concerns, and I have to tell you, he is a great guy. We talked for 10-15 minutes after he answered my questions, and he basically told me "I am here to make sure you get the best customer service you need". All this from someone I haven't even purchased from yet.

I cannot wait till it is on its way!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:55 PM
Devil Wolf
3rd Gear Member

Dave and Patty (Daves wife, who i delt with when i bought my kit) are good people!
Old 03-02-2009, 05:34 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Thanks,

For those who care, I just got off the phone with Dave at Explorer Express to finalize my remaining concerns, and I have to tell you, he is a great guy. We talked for 10-15 minutes after he answered my questions, and he basically told me "I am here to make sure you get the best customer service you need". All this from someone I haven't even purchased from yet.

I cannot wait till it is on its way!
He means that too. Dave is top rate.

You'll love the Nexus setup. That's what i've had in my ride, and it looks fanastic and performs great.
Old 03-02-2009, 08:05 PM
MrSandman
5th Gear Member

There is one more thing.. something that you absolutely have to do before you order that kit..

You have to have your wife call mine and convince my wife to let me buy one too..
Old 03-02-2009, 09:34 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by MrSandman
There is one more thing.. something that you absolutely have to do before you order that kit..

You have to have your wife call mine and convince my wife to let me buy one too..
LOL I showed my wife that and she laughed, then said "I never said yes". If she says yes that means she approves, but she didn't say no which means I get to buy it

You have to be married to really understand my above comment LOL

Quick Reply: Final X-Charger items...