Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finally Got it

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:37 PM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

Default Finally Got it

So ive been waiting for a month between shopping for the right one and getting the money together and my new gt bumper came in. i put it on with no problems. and it does give the v6 a meaner look..
Now all i need is the gt rear bumper and the side skirts... the side skirts are almost impossible to find!! especially in red fire red..

before

after

Old 03-09-2009, 04:44 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

did you need to buy the gt inner fender liners or did you stick with the v6 ones and just make new holes in them? Also what else did you buy other then the bumper/grille/fogs. I have those so far and plan on the install really soon but want to make sure i have everything needed.

Also, i bought some sideskirts for 165 shipped to my door. I'll keep an eye out for you for redfire.

Last edited by melo15fan15; 03-09-2009 at 04:47 PM.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:00 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

You don't need the GT fender liners, I used the stock ones and you can't tell the diff.
Old 03-09-2009, 05:05 PM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

I had to buy the gt isolator foam inner.. Its higher than the v6. Its like 10$ from parts.com i also ordered a gt radiator deflector for the bottom of the car. Im not sure if the v6 has one. Mine didnt but i had to order that. It connects from ur frame to ur bumper. It acts like a scoop to keep the engine cool and it also protects your condenser. A MAJOR NECESITY.

The splash shields that you are referring to. THe v6s dont fit with the gt bumper. I tried to see if i could get them to fit, but they just dont reach. So yea, you will have to buy gt fender liners. I hear there cheap though. I havent bought them yet, i need to..
But i really want my gt rear bumper and side skirts..
Im sitting here waiting at my computer, the ups tracking info says my tuner and CAI from bamachips comes in today. I cant wait to get that in. From what i hear its the BEST upgrade..
BUT Thanks for looking for me on those side skirts. Ill look forward to hearing from you.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:13 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

alright cool, thanks for the info. how long did the install take you think?
Old 03-09-2009, 08:51 PM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by beaustang
You don't need the GT fender liners, I used the stock ones and you can't tell the diff.
how did you make them work...i am getting a good deal on a gt body kit and i don't really wanna spend $70 on fender liners when i can buy some tail light covers instead
let me know...and pics if you can
Old 03-09-2009, 09:01 PM
melo15fan15
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by locorider21
I had to buy the gt isolator foam inner.. Its higher than the v6. Its like 10$ from parts.com.
Whats the purpose of it? Im going to get it since its cheap but is it really a necessity?
Old 03-09-2009, 11:21 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

Originally Posted by beaustang
i did the same thing... u cant tell unless u REALLY look... and 99% of people that look at my car WONT look to see if i have the GT fender liners to match the GT bumper lol
Old 03-10-2009, 03:37 AM
locorider21
1st Gear Member

the inner isolator foam gives the bumper more support. Im sure you dont need it, but i like to keep everything stock..
my install took 2 hours.. But thats because i had more work to do than most. i bought my car with 1400 miles on it and a history of 1 wreck. Well whoever fixed it did a crap job because they were missing a bunch of parts.
I had to install new mounting brackets on the fenders, i had to get the inner and outer isolator foam, i replaced the rivets instead of using bolts and screws.
and i had to come up with a way to mount the radiator cover on the bottom because i wasnt going to pay for 43 $ for the screws for it.
Old 03-10-2009, 05:45 AM
jdphillips73
4th Gear Member

i traded my pony package grill and bumper for gt fascia just like you... I like the bumper but as far as the gt grill i think its only a minor upgrade over the ppackage grill at best.

Gt fender liners are only like 25-30 bucks shipped from fordparts.... save yourself from that 3/4 inch gap where the screw hole doesnt line up..

gt isolator foam... you could just shave the top off of your v6 isolator foam...but hey, that part is only 6 bucks from the same place..

Quick Reply: Finally Got it