Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes Violators installed!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:36 PM
ccdguy
1st Gear Member

Smile Pypes Violators installed!!

Hey guys...

Just had a chance to install my Pypes Violators, replacing my GT mufflers. I'm not running the Pypes X. Instead, I went with the Ninosport dual (Y to Y) conversion. I did not want to loose too much back pressure. In any case, I think they are very aggressive sounding, without too much of the "tinny" sound. It also sounds deeper with the Y to Y conversion, than I think that it would sound if I went the X pipe way. The mufflers are darn loud, but I love 'em. Drone...?? Well, there is some around 1500-1700 but it is not bad enough to give me a headache or anything. Anywere outside of that zone, the sound is deep, clean and loud, both outside and inside the cabin. The video does do it some justice, but as all video clips, they are much bigger sounding in person. In any case, just wanted to share... let me know your thoughts... (be nice ! ;o)

http://media.putfile.com/Martins-New-Violators
Old 03-15-2009, 07:47 PM
The Potato
3rd Gear Member

Sounds awesome!!
Old 03-15-2009, 10:37 PM
Razorbackfan
2nd Gear Member

I have those too. Love the sound. Good choice.
Old 03-16-2009, 07:31 AM
4.0 $tang
2nd Gear Member

i just installed shorty headers and the exhaust note got a bit deeper and less "tinny"...definatly feel the difference in power on the low end
Old 03-16-2009, 12:11 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

back pressure is not something you want to hold on to. back pressure is a form of resistance. considering you already have a CAI/Custom tune which is bringing more power in, true duals should not hurt you. if anything, it should better balance out the induction/exhaust flow. basically, if you have a chance to go true duals in the future, go for it. H pipe setup usually sounds the best whereas the X is known for the best flow.
Old 03-16-2009, 12:15 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 4.0 $tang
i just installed shorty headers and the exhaust note got a bit deeper and less "tinny"...definatly feel the difference in power on the low end
+1... i was skeptical on the low end feel of headers but now i'm a believer after installing my shorties. not a major difference but definitely nicely noticeable.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:17 PM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Not too bad, but you didn't really get a good load on the exhaust, I was curious to see how tinny they sound at higher rpm's
Old 03-16-2009, 07:32 PM
izzyocon
1st Gear Member

your car sounds like it has a substantial amount of *****. good choice bro

i've been planning on turning "jolly" (my stang) to a true dual
Old 03-16-2009, 08:40 PM
ccdguy
1st Gear Member

Talking

Thanks guys... Sounds like most of you like the exhaust. It has some ***** for a 4.0L. I was thinking though of putting some dynamat or some other kind of sound insulation in the trunk are to just lower the noise in the cabin. Just a tad... Don't get me wrong. I love the sound. It is wicked nice outside and in, by I drive about an hour to work and back, and I do get some ear ringing afgter I leave the stang, and slight headaches.. Small price to pay, I know... But.... Maybe something in the trunk are to muffle them a bit?? (on the inside, only mind you....)
Old 03-16-2009, 10:42 PM
illin
3rd Gear Member

They sound good (at least without a load)...but they stick out kind of far. Did you get them slid on all the way tot e "tit"?

Seems as if they could forward about 2 more inches...but it could just be the weird camera angle.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Pypes Violators installed!!