Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflow V6 after axle exhaust?

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 10:59 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Default Magnaflow V6 after axle exhaust?

What do you know another dual exhaust post / question in the V6 forums LOL !!!

Ok, I'm about ready to get a different exhaust. I've looked at the gt takeoffs of course, great price, and of course magnaflow. However, the Magnaflow kits I've seen are "mid" not axle back.

Does anyone know if Magnaflow makes axle back mufflers for our generation mustangs?

Thanks,

(edit: Link to video at end of thread)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfvPOLPXRZo

Last edited by Jasoon; 06-25-2010 at 05:49 PM.
Old 04-07-2009, 11:15 PM
wolfpup
bow wow wow yippie yo yippie yay

i dont think magnaflow has any axle back kits... but flowmaster sure does and in my opinion the american thunder series sounds great
Old 04-08-2009, 08:43 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Go with the FRPP kit, high quality, x-pipe, mids and axel backs and they sound great. Plus we made a huge thread and compared all of the v6 exhausts and the FRPP was the clear winner
Old 04-09-2009, 12:30 PM
tx_zstang
5th Gear Member

I had a set of magnaflow 4" round resonators made as a set of mufflers. They are too loud IMO and I'll probably sell them.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:30 PM
southernmustangparts
Former Sponsor

I have 6 of the Magnaflow Exhaust set-ups I am looking to unload at a great price!

Part# 16605

if anyone is interested shoot me an e-mail to sales@southernmustangparts.com and I'll work you a nice deal!!!

Ken
Old 04-14-2009, 04:37 PM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ODDYSEY
Go with the FRPP kit, high quality, x-pipe, mids and axel backs and they sound great. Plus we made a huge thread and compared all of the v6 exhausts and the FRPP was the clear winner

So you definitely recomment FRPP, im about to make the jump and get some duals done and was considering Pypes or FRPP. I was priced at $675 for the pipes and installation, is that about right? seems kind of pricey. They also want to charge me $250 to cut out the bumper to make the insert for the 2nd dual.
Old 04-14-2009, 07:15 PM
zombiehouse

I have the Magnaflow exhaust system that is shown above. I put it on in my driveway. I also cut the bumper myself. I love the sound. Once I got the old pipe out the installation was a breeze. The bumper was easy to do with the Pipe's template. I am glad I chose this system. It is stainless steel and sounds mean.
Old 04-20-2009, 09:57 PM
Jasoon
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by jrsyedb
They also want to charge me $250 to cut out the bumper to make the insert for the 2nd dual.
Oh dude, don't do that. I've talked to several folks on the board who cut their own bumpers for the dual exhaust. One guy used a box knife, another a dremel with cutoff wheel.

If you have the template then cut away. Save the money.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:17 AM
jrsyedb
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Jasoon
Oh dude, don't do that. I've talked to several folks on the board who cut their own bumpers for the dual exhaust. One guy used a box knife, another a dremel with cutoff wheel.

If you have the template then cut away. Save the money.

Yeah, I would, believe me, but I am not too sure of myself doing that type of work, knowing me, I will probably make it worse. I know it is pricey, but I dont know of anyone else that would do it for me.
Old 04-21-2009, 09:31 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Originally Posted by jrsyedb
So you definitely recomment FRPP, im about to make the jump and get some duals done and was considering Pypes or FRPP. I was priced at $675 for the pipes and installation, is that about right? seems kind of pricey. They also want to charge me $250 to cut out the bumper to make the insert for the 2nd dual.
$250 is high to cut the bumper.... way too high.

The FRPP kit runs abotu $550-600, it is a little more steep, but well worth it in sound, looks and quality. The majority of V6 users here have the FRPP setup I think.

I LOVE the way my car sounds, and you can't go wrong.

Quick Reply: Magnaflow V6 after axle exhaust?