Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MANY Questions that NEED answers!! PLZ HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 03:00 PM
dipsetwarrior
1st Gear Member

Question MANY Questions that NEED answers!! PLZ HELP!

1. Has anybody here every used ZMAX micro lubricants? if so, how did it improve the performance of your car?

2. How effective or how much of a difference will i feel with a short throw shifter, and is it recommended for a daily driver??

3. Do expensive brake pads like Black Hawk really stop better than conventional brake pads?, and does anybody here recommend a brand of brake pads?

4. Does anybody here recommend a specific brand of windshield wipers?

5. Does a shorty antenna decrease radio reception?

6. I have a K & N drop in air filter but i feel absolutely no difference and it supposedly increases HP. Did i just throw $50 bucks down the drain or is it worth it?

7. Can u install nitrous oxide kit on a bone stock v6? If so how much would a mechanic charge for a nitrous installation?

8. How can i get rid of swirl marks and light scratches? I've tried Clay bars, all of the scratch removers and nothing works. Do body shops accept people that just need a couple of scratches removed?

9. Is it possible to fill in the scratches on my chrome rims without sanding or shelling out hundreds of bucks to get it re-chromed?

10. Are GT side skirts compatible with the v6 mustang?

11. I have 20 inch rims with 255/35/20 tires and i was wondering will lowering springs damage the ride of the car? I have been quoted $500 for a full installation 1inch drop is that a good price?

12. Where can i get a cheap GT to v6 grille conversion kit?

13. Is there a special cleaner that i can use to clean the engine compartment?

14. I had h13 8000k HID's on my car but the relay always over heats and burns, what can i do to fix this issue?

15. Is there such thing as a sparco baby car seat?

PLEASE HELP ANY RESPONSEs to my questions would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!!
I will add on any more questions, yea i know im a mustang noob! lol
You dont have to answer all of them just what u can
THANKS x 1000000

Last edited by dipsetwarrior; 08-07-2009 at 03:34 PM. Reason: No clue
Old 08-07-2009, 03:12 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

16. Would I get more help if I broke this down a bit instead of putting every question I ever had into a single post?

I'm feeling charitable to newbs though:

1. Has anybody here every used ZMAX micro lubricants? if so, how did it improve the performance of your car?

Just stick with a quality synthetic

2. How effective or how much of a difference will i feel with a short throw shifter, and is it recommended for a daily driver??

Fine for a daily driver, won't make the T-5 into a smooth Ferrari transmission though

3. Do expensive brake pads like Black Hawk really stop better than conventional brake pads?, and does anybody here recommend a brand of brake pads?

Quality brake pads are better than stock. Hawk HPS are excellent (among others)

Yes, they do. Unfortunately there is no "best" different people like different brands

Yes

6. I have a K & N drop in air filter but i feel absolutely no difference and it supposedly increases HP. Did i just throw $50 bucks down the drain or is it worth it?

Worth it. Breathes bettter, and over time will save you money vs replacable filters

7. Can u install nitrous oxide kit on a bone stock v6? If so how much would a mechanic charge for a nitrous installation?

Yes. Cost to install depends on your area and the specific mechanic

8. How can i get rid of swirl marks and light scratches? I've tried Clay bars, all of the scratch removers and nothing works. Do body shops accept people that just need a couple of scratches removed?

Needs to be polished. Call around to detailing shops in your area

9. Is it possible to fill in the scratches on my chrome rims without sanding or shelling out hundreds of bucks to get it re-chromed?

No

Yes

11. I have 20 inch rims with 255/35/20 tires and i was wondering will lowering springs damage the ride of the car? I have been quoted $500 for a full installation 1inch drop is that a good price?

Those should be fine as long as the wheels have the proper offset for a newer 'stang. $500 is a little high, even if it includes the springs.

eBay, many Mustang retailers

Most "engine cleaners" are harsh and designed for really cruddy old grease covered engines. Simple car wash detergent and water

14. I had h13 8000k HID's on my car but the relay always over heats and burns, what can i do to fix this issue?

If the relay is burning up. something is flowing way too much current. What brand HID's are you using and did they come with a relay or did you rig it up yourself?

The only Sparco seat I'm aware of is a very nice prototype done by a design student. If you want a babyseat from a "performance" vendor, Simpson and Recaro have ones available that might fill the bill

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 08-07-2009 at 03:40 PM.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:16 PM
dipsetwarrior
1st Gear Member

Unhappy

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
16. Would I get more help if I broke this down a bit instead of putting every question I ever had into a single post?

im sorry
Old 08-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by dipsetwarrior
im sorry
I wasn't trying to beat you up man, that's just a heck of a long list. I gave you what input I can.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:41 PM
dipsetwarrior
1st Gear Member

** BUT WOULD I NEED TO CHANGE THE ROTORS ?

**SO I JUST CALL A SHOP AND ASK IF THEY POLISH? WHY CANT I JUST DO IT?

If the relay is burning up. something is flowing way too much current. What brand HID's are you using and did the done with a relay or did you rig it up yourself?

**THE HID"S are cheap ebay ones 69.99 single beam yes i rung it up myself connected it directly to the battery.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:49 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

** BUT WOULD I NEED TO CHANGE THE ROTORS ?

Depends on how many miles on them. You should at least get them turned so the new pads seat properly

**SO I JUST CALL A SHOP AND ASK IF THEY POLISH? WHY CANT I JUST DO IT?

You can, but it really requires a machine buffer. Look up Griot's Garage online. They have a DVD for about $10 on machine polishing and waxing. Well worth it.

If the relay is burning up. something is flowing way too much current. What brand HID's are you using and did the done with a relay or did you rig it up yourself?

**THE HID"S are cheap ebay ones 69.99 single beam yes i rung it up myself connected it directly to the battery.
It sounds like something is miswired. What sort of relays did you use? Are they high amperage automotive relays?
Old 08-07-2009, 04:10 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

no but its in the future.
Not good until the engine is well broken in...

very effective. daily driver, yes.

yes EBC yellow stuff go to the larger GT rotors and reap the rewards much
so more than hawk pads on V6 rotors...

moss muscle sells PIAA and they ROCK

yes in outlying areas. no in highly populated metro areas

down the drain without a CAI and tune. no HP increase, none

yes who knows the install price. its a not very often used HP increaser..

have the paint buffed by someone who knows what the fork they are doing..

no

yes but the front inner fender liners are also needed from the GT

define 'damage'

ebay street scene

gunk off or Ford engine cleaner

uh get a better relay and upgrade the wiring by one guage size...

???? ricarro makes one so does Simpson

PLEASE HELP ANY RESPONSEs to my questions would be greatly appreciated THANK YOU!!
I will add on any more questions, yea i know im a mustang noob! lol
You dont have to answer all of them just what u can
THANKS x 1000000

The SEARCH FUNCTION would have been a good place to start looking
for answers before posting so many discussed before in detail questions...

Last edited by 157dB; 08-08-2009 at 08:37 AM.
Old 08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
Ken04
2nd Gear Member

great answers by both posters. Thanks for saving my fingers typing that out, haha !
Old 08-07-2009, 08:06 PM
dipsetwarrior
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Torch_Vert
It sounds like something is miswired. What sort of relays did you use? Are they high amperage automotive relays?

YES THEY ARE HIGH AMP RELAYS
Old 08-08-2009, 08:43 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

YES THEY ARE HIGH AMP RELAYS

uh get a better relay and upgrade the wiring by one guage size...

Define 'burning up'.
Are the coils burning out?
Are the contacts welding closed or pitting and prematurely wearing out?
A capacitor across the contacts of said relay thats 'burning up' would solve
the problem....
Its the 'break' amps and not the 'make' amps that eats contats. A cap would
solve that problem...

Define 'burning up'.

Quick Reply: MANY Questions that NEED answers!! PLZ HELP!