Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.0l questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 PM
fox.josh

Default 4.0l questions

Ok guys to start off my name is josh. I am an ex army sniper that is now a private security contractor. My mother recently passed away from cancer. She had her pride and joy 2006 ford mustang. It was her dream car to have a mustang so she got it and i tricked it out some by painting the stripes on and painting parts on the interior. As a tribute to her i want to finish building this car and make it outstanding. I am going with a full shelby makeover beacause she loved them just never could afford one. I have all that taken care of from previous threads. But for performance wise i have a few questions. Sorry if they have been covered but i couldnt retrieve them. I want a loud supercharger (the loudest). Which one would that be and does anyone have good quality videos. Youtube all i could find was junk. And also most all the exhaust videos i try watching doent work. Any ideas there? also i want to go with a 20 inch front 22 inch rim in rear. will this cause any problems lowering the rear? What all mods are available for 4.0l besides typical tuner intake exhaust charger/turbo? And last but not least thought about a 5.4l truck motor swap. Anyone have any insight? also has anyone produced any motor mounts for 5.4l or can you purchase the shelby mounts? thanks guys in advance. SOrry so long.
Old 01-31-2010, 09:19 PM
fox.josh

also is there a way to delete the rev limiter in nuetral or park? and why is it there
Old 01-31-2010, 09:20 PM
fox.josh

by the way its auto is there any shift kits available? or is that a thing of the past
Old 02-01-2010, 08:16 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

Welcome to the site Josh.

As far as supercharger/turbo for the 4.0, there are a few options. The loudest scream and easiest to install is the X-Charger.

As far as rims, 20" in front and 22" in rear? Why such a large rim, that would not look very good at all. If you are wanting muscle car look, go with 18" rims and put bigger tires on the rear.

Deleting the rev limiter requires a hand held tuner, and if you get a CAI/tune combo from someplace like Brenspeed, Bamachips, Evo, etc. it will adjust your shifting points (electronic shift kit if you want to call it that) and remove the rev limiter also.

Keep in mind, the rev limiter is already set at a high level, anything higher could cause damage.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:50 AM
MoneyShot
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fox.josh

i tricked it out some by painting the stripes on

I want a loud supercharger (the loudest).

i want to go with a 20 inch front 22 inch rim in rear

a 5.4l truck motor swap.

the rev limiter...why is it there
some of the things you are looking for like, loud super chargers, 22 inch rims, and not knowing why there is a rev limiter, make it seem like you may be doing more harm than good. to be honest josh, it seems like you are all over the place and don't fully understand the point of some of these mods. what i recommend you do is make a list of your goals for the car. for example,
  • what horse power are you looking to reach?
  • what time in the quarter mile?
  • are you swapping engines for HP goals or bragging rights.
  • are you looking to make a show car or a drag car
also make a budget. you have some very expensive plans, some of them being counter productive. make a set amount of money you are willing to spend on the car and plan it out that way. as far as asking what other mods are available, there are many, many threads available, most of them are stickys, (at the top of the message board) so do a search!
Old 02-01-2010, 11:51 AM
pthurm_28
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by fox.josh
by the way its auto is there any shift kits available? or is that a thing of the past
the only shift kit that I think is available is the tci ratchet shifter and their are some threads about it with more information so just look for them
Old 02-01-2010, 04:35 PM
fox.josh

as far as why i want 20/22 is i like big rim look but 22s up front make the front end sit too high up but ok for the rear just want to see how much of a lower kit i can go. as far as supercharger and such yeah im all over place as to mods. this will be a showcar mainly. not a drag racer. i wnat the loudest supercharger bc most chargers produce around same hp ratings. I want people to know i have one. as for rev limiter the only one im talking about is when you have it in park or neutral and hit the gas it only goes to around 4 grand and rev limiter kicks in i want it gone. and that is only one im talking about the shifting points are fine. as far as you saying i sound like im a newbie and do more harm than good is not the case at all. I build bagged trucks, full frames and do lots of paint and body work. I have owned my own custom shop. I race and can build an amazing carb motor just never dealt alot with fuel injection. But like i stated its not a drag racer and more of a show car cruiser that sounds and looks mean. and im not looking for. As far as motor swap it is a consideration but not likely. As for shift kits in old style trannys you could replace valve body or just simple shift kit i didnt know if they were available for electronic trannys. And i like the look im going for the new challenger srt-8 with 22/24 combo and supercharger looks good and sounds mena and fast wether it is most productive of the motor with the added rims doesnt matter to me. As far as budget i make 15g's a month not too much of a budget setup. Yes i could do all the **** on earth and such but thats not what im looking for mainly cosmetic looks than hp or drag times. hope this clarifies things alittle. let the ripping begin on the goal i set bc most dont like the look or the cancelation of mods. but hey whatever i dont like the opposite
Old 02-01-2010, 05:33 PM
Rdot9
DubStep Stu

dont go any bigger than 20s, it will look funky... 20 is plenty big and it will look great if you lower it a bit... i would go with a x-charger and have it painted a gloss black or something, i saw someone do that and think it looked great.... maybe some side scoops right behind the door, rear window louver, billet grill, Hid kit for the headlight with a splitter. new hood possibly with hood pins and a supers stripe and you got yourself a sick show car. but thats just what i would do
Old 02-02-2010, 03:50 PM
killdar
2nd Gear Member

you could get the ford racing 5.4l crate engine, i think its like 25k
or the roush 588 7.5L Eliminator engine
Old 02-02-2010, 05:21 PM
fox.josh

07 stang i dont know might know him i doubt it tho the community of snipers is alot broader than one might think. i see your in virginia what part? im in virginia beach doing some certifications for government.

Quick Reply: 4.0l questions