Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BamaChips + American Muscle

Old 03-08-2010, 10:39 PM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Exclamation BamaChips + American Muscle

Well... since it hasn't been posted here in the 4.0 section yet...

http://www.bamacustomtuning.com/

BamaChips and American Muscle have apparently joined forces! Be interesting to see how this turns out, but seem like a good deal. That crew of tuners will be busy as hell though I would think.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:44 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

woah thats pretty awesome!
im glad doug is back on his feet
Old 03-08-2010, 11:00 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

That's good and bad..... Good for Bamachips because it gives them more exposure, but possibly bad for those who pay for tunes and expect to get them in a reasonable amount of time. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
Old 03-08-2010, 11:10 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

its win win, he now has the support he needs to help with the tuning, these guys know what they are doing already and can help write the tunes im sure. Doug can train them and give them his knowledge. Doug was always overworked but with good help he should be able to provide even better tuning support.

The front end of taking orders and responding to emails and such can be handled much easier since its not on him to do all of that to. now everyone needing a generic tune for just an intake of whatever kind can easily have it done. Doug doesnt have to do a thing as its already written minus a few inputting of CPU numbers and selecting the right intake.

AM posted something in there section over the weekend with big tuning news and in the back of my head i wondered if they snagged Doug or Justin up (they did have a thing with Justin a couple years back). So i am glad to see this as it will really enhance the tuning aspect.

Last edited by howarmat; 03-08-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:01 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

American Muscle has exceptional customer service, this should improve response times.
Old 03-09-2010, 08:25 AM
legendlime05
4th Gear Member

I'm cool with this.
Old 03-09-2010, 09:12 AM
ODDYSEY
Site Moderator of Fury!

This is great news I think. I am curious to see how they handle the x-charger tunes.

I did notice that is said "Free tunes for life" if you bought an SCT tuner from AM or Bama.
Old 03-09-2010, 12:09 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

yea i just got an email this morning saying they are honoring all previous purchases and tunes including the ones for other cars. pretty awesome
Old 03-09-2010, 05:39 PM
Joshspony
3rd Gear Member

This should be great for Doug. With the added help of other tuners, things should speed up a lot. I got the same email detailing the partnership between them. I am going to give it a try soon. I'm changing gears and picking up the race tune.

I just looked at the new order form and I'm not really impressed. It seems to only give you the option of choosing one octane. I want to get 87, 91, and 93.

Good news, I called to verify that the tunes are free. (I ordered from Doug in the past) They are, free is always nice.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:49 PM
kenny17
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by discodave
That's good and bad..... Good for Bamachips because it gives them more exposure, but possibly bad for those who pay for tunes and expect to get them in a reasonable amount of time. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.
I asked the AMstanger forum rep, they said they expect it to be 3-4 business days for custom tunes. Also said they expect that to be narrowed to 2-3 business days at some point.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: BamaChips + American Muscle