Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tunable Inductions

Old 03-23-2010, 08:48 AM
JCON
5th Gear Member

I heard he was going to AM but I wasn't sure how it was all working out
Old 03-23-2010, 09:30 AM
rockon1
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JCON
I heard he was going to AM but I wasn't sure how it was all working out
http://www.americanmuscle.com/sct.html
Old 03-23-2010, 09:46 AM
crazyassracer
2nd Gear Member

Late input here.
Haven't had any problems with my Tunable Induction CAI.
Shell sells 93 octane all over the place here, so that is the tune I run.
Picked T.I. because they performed well in all the CAI comparos I read, and the prices for a CAI/Tuner/Tunes combo was the best around at the time.
Had it installed when I was learning the track at Grattan Raceway.
My in-car instructor said "This is a V6!?" in amazement.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:00 AM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

I have a 2010 GT...looking to upgrade the CAI and get a tuner...

I called AM to ask them about getting a BAMA tune/SCT Tuner from them to combine it with the TI CAI kit...the tech on the phone put me on hold and came back with this "we might be able to get the info, but it would be better if you were to use the Steeda or C&L ( or wahtever their combos are at this point) combos that we have...or it will be a canned tune"

I emailed the guy from TI...MIKE at Unique Tuning...I asked several questions, even asked if Steeda's or C&L's products were superior or worth the $$....he answered all the questions, took his time and responded in detail. I was impressed and placed my order with TI with their tune/tuner combo....

I have not received it yet and I will post what I feel my results are....but for whatever that is worth...if anyone is interested in seeing the email responses from Unique Tuning's MIKE....I will be happy to forward on.....

JG
Old 03-23-2010, 10:15 AM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Your lifetime Bama tunes apply to the programmer you have not your CAI. I got the CAI from John DeMolet (tunableinduction) and it's great. I ran his tunes for a while then went with the Tillman "All Out" Tune. Either way, you'll love it.
Old 03-26-2010, 07:16 AM
jamesgribley
1st Gear Member

I realize the tune, no matter who writes it, is used with the SCT and programmed to the car...but the equipment/mods being used on the car have to be taken into account when writing the tune...each of which behaves differently...hence the reason why tuners can say...this product combo has been tested and tweaked and whatnot on our dyno...etc.

When I called AM to inqurie about getting the BAMA tune/SCT tuner combo with tunes for life...they were unable to say...Yeah we can get you a tune for a Tuneable Injection CAI kit...or at least one that was put together specifically for a TI CAI and a BAMA tune....I was unawre of the DeMolet name to add to it...so maybe that would have helped

GRibleY
Old 03-26-2010, 11:50 AM
basketballord
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jamesgribley
I realize the tune, no matter who writes it, is used with the SCT and programmed to the car...but the equipment/mods being used on the car have to be taken into account when writing the tune...each of which behaves differently...hence the reason why tuners can say...this product combo has been tested and tweaked and whatnot on our dyno...etc.

When I called AM to inqurie about getting the BAMA tune/SCT tuner combo with tunes for life...they were unable to say...Yeah we can get you a tune for a Tuneable Injection CAI kit...or at least one that was put together specifically for a TI CAI and a BAMA tune....I was unawre of the DeMolet name to add to it...so maybe that would have helped

GRibleY
Whoever you talked to was ill-informed. Doug has worked with the Tunable Inductions/DeMolet intake many a times (as witnessed by the earlier quote). Call them again I say.
Old 03-26-2010, 05:32 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

strictly speaking numbers, i believe doug tested the demolet CAI as the best performer even over the C&L. dont think its enough for anyone to notice but there was a difference.
Old 03-26-2010, 09:19 PM
discodave
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sancho805
strictly speaking numbers, i believe doug tested the demolet CAI as the best performer even over the C&L. dont think its enough for anyone to notice but there was a difference.
I did my research before buying mine, and the DeMolet CAI had the best numbers, so I got it. Easy install and looks great too.
Old 03-29-2010, 08:29 PM
rockon1
1st Gear Member

Well I pulled the trigger today. Ordered the Tunable Induction CAI. And the tuner with lifetime tunes from Bama (American Muscle) today. Called and they said no problem tuning it to that CAI. The guy I talk to was able to verify it with one of the guys doing the tunes.(maybe Doug,who knows)

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Tunable Inductions