Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

first time posting

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2011, 08:51 PM
Blue_steel
1st Gear Member

Default first time posting

been lurking here for a little while since I got my 06.so anyways I have a couple of questions.

I have a set of GT mufflers(one installed) what do I need to make them true duals?

I'm about to get a Cai/custom tune in your opinions which one is best for 91 set up(don't have 93 here)?
Old 02-15-2011, 09:25 PM
markkk
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blue_steel
been lurking here for a little while since I got my 06.so anyways I have a couple of questions.

I have a set of GT mufflers(one installed) what do I need to make them true duals?

I'm about to get a Cai/custom tune in your opinions which one is best for 91 set up(don't have 93 here)?
Welcome to Mustang Forums! I don't really know about the CAI 91 tune but I can tell you about the exhaust. To make true duals you need to install an x pipe or H pipe exhaust part. To install this part you need to cut your stock pipe and put this setup on so you can connect dual midpipes to it and then put the mufflers at the end of each for your dual exhaust. I'm assuming thats what your asking for? But for further instruction on that youll need someone to show you.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:37 AM
Dean Martin
2nd Gear Member

Duals: You'll need to acquire the factory muffler hangers for the left side, and plan to cut out the bumper cover to allow for the tailpipe. I had my local shop fabricate an H pipe and the left side over axle pipe...but there are kits etc you can buy. If you don't want to cut the bumper cover (I did my own as many have and it looks great IMHO) then you need a GT version or other aftermarket.

Tune: Brenspeed, Bama, and others all do pretty nice tunes and will work with you based on octane grades available in your area if you call them. Often you can get three tunes, example I have 87, 89, 91 to choose from.

There are a lot of threads on both topics if you have time to do a little searching.

Good Luck.
Old 02-16-2011, 06:57 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Regarding tunes, I wouldn't consider anyone else than Brenspeed and AM/Bama. Choose whichever 3 octanes you have available locally. It's always good to have an 87 custom tune due to the (rare) occasion that you can't get anything else. Besides, the custom 87 tune runs circles around the stock 87.
Old 02-16-2011, 07:12 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Here's what I have for duals and where I bought it;

http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/prodde...=FR3-PYPKIT-05

Since you already have the mufflers, it should be a little cheaper. Do you plan on installing it yourself or are you taking it to a shop?

As far as the bumper, if you make the cut out yourself, you can use this template. I like the look of it.....it's makes the V6 unique and not a GT wannabe;

http://pysales.com/inst/SFM68-bumper-cutout02.pdf
Old 02-16-2011, 08:48 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

I would recommend custom tunes from American Muscle/Bama or Brenspeed, both reputable companies. If you purchase a new SCT tuner, it comes with 3 custom tunes. Choose the octanes that are available in your area. As Nuke stated above, you will notice a huge difference between the stock 87 and 87 custom tune!

Last edited by kevinmalec; 02-16-2011 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:28 PM
Blue_steel
1st Gear Member

I got the jlt/sct from bama today got it on and drove for about ten minutes before it started snowing.the difference is amazing really does feel like a different car now.
Old 02-25-2011, 09:15 AM
kevinmalec
5th Gear Member

Talking Congrats and enjoy!

I got the jlt/sct from bama today got it on and drove for about ten minutes before it started snowing.the difference is amazing really does feel like a different car now.
A custom tune definitely wakes up the Stang! Congrats and enjoy!
Old 02-25-2011, 04:41 PM
X3xMONGOOSEx3X
4th Gear Member

Old 02-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Blue_steel
1st Gear Member

Quick Reply: first time posting