Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Powerhouse Turbo and X-Charger

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 06:06 PM
JimC

Stags - I am running on the stock internals. Put the Xcharger on at 90,000 miles after two seasons with a 75 shot of nitrous. Today I rolled over 179,900 miles on the car. So the stock internals have been pretty reliable for me.

But, I have been looking at the new pistons and rods from MMR (I think it is them, can't remember for sure too many beers I guess!) and would do that before the Morana set up. For the Xcharger I would keep the stock compression ratio as well - it responds well to boost and the only people that I know of who tried different compression didn't have great results.
Old 08-20-2011, 07:07 PM
up_yours_7
3rd Gear Member

I'm hoping to get just the cams ssm soon and will have numbers up in a couple months
Old 08-21-2011, 12:25 AM
stags
3rd Gear Member

the research ive done elsewhere concurs w the 4,0 internals being solid. though I would love to see the numbers from an Xcharged 4.0 w forged internals (Will those affect the HP/TQ #s?), cams and heads. Really just a curiosity thing.

Idk who the best manufacturer for the cams and heads would be... supersix motorsports being the only manufacturer I know of...

Id imagine that those goodies combined with the mother of all intercoolers (Idk what comes with the X Xtreme) would probably give you the best possible HP from an xcharged 4.0

BTW, Ive officially changed my Alcohol Awareness Fund to an Xcharger Investment Fund
Old 08-22-2011, 11:44 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

my X-Charger investment fund changed to baby supplies fund... lol.
Old 08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
Biceps
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sancho805
my X-Charger investment fund changed to baby supplies fund... lol.

LOL! This was me 8 months ago. Wife gave birth to our little boy back in April, and I told her in December (of 2010) that if I didn't buy the X-Charger then, I'd never get it once baby came.

Glad I bought it when I did, b/c this kid is growing like a weed and I'm sure if I had waited, I would never have bought it. LOL!

But I'm not saying that you're not making the right decision. There are times when I know the money I spent on the X would have been very helpful, and those hospital bills are a shocker.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:14 PM
Nice Pony
2nd Gear Member

Todd (RAYGEN) on the Mustang Collective ran the Powerhouse Turbo with heads and cams along with a 75shot and was putting down 535rwhp and windowed the engine due to a stock rod failure. The turbo will always get better numbers than the X-Charger but with heads and cams you should be able to get to the 350rwhp with the stock X-Charger Xtreme with a 2.6 pulley but not much if any more which should keep you in the 12's with stickys and good driving ability.

I have Manely rods and pistons from MMR and stage 2+ heads from SSM on the way for my new 4.0 build. I will be installing my MP1900 TVS upgrade to the X-Charger Xtreme on this new build so should have some numbers to post in a couple of months. Not doing the cams because this is a high mileage daily driver but should still get some very respectable numbers out of it. Like JimC I got good longevity out of the stock internals with 144,000 miles on the engine 114,000 of which were with the X-Charger with a lot of housr on the open track and autocross. I recently lost a piston due to a fuel starvation issue during an autocross. I knew better than going to the track with 1/2 tanks of fuel so it was my own fault the piston let go.
Old 08-29-2011, 12:47 PM
FsuGoNoles63
2nd Gear Member

You plan on selling this upgrade if it all works out good?
Old 08-29-2011, 02:25 PM
ward_spratlin
2nd Gear Member

curious how much boost are u running on the x-charger
Old 08-29-2011, 04:00 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Hey Ward, post pics of your car, that's one unique front end, I'm wondering what the rest looks like!
Old 08-29-2011, 04:40 PM
tigercrazy718
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by beaustang
Hey Ward, post pics of your car, that's one unique front end, I'm wondering what the rest looks like!
and your numbers with that kit

Quick Reply: Powerhouse Turbo and X-Charger