Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Owner Intro!

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2005, 06:11 PM
evol

Default New Owner Intro!

Hey everyone
I wanted to introduce myself as an official '05 V6 owner, I don't think I've done so yet.
I'm very new to the Mustang crowd - I had a '95 V8 Tbird with modifications for 5 years (since I was 17) before "totaling" it, and in July I decided to buy a new Mustang. I went with the V6 as a responsible decision, given my DMV record and the fact that if it was a V6 I wouldn't bother getting into modifying it (money pit). At the time it was stressful because I heard I couldn't order a 2005, and there weren't many to choose from at the dealerships around here. But amazingly enough I found the perfect one 20 miles away with all the options I wanted (ALL of them - Exterior Sport, Interior Upgrade, (apparently the MyColor dash was difficult to find!), Leather, TC/ABS, AAT, etc...), except it was silver, not white or black, but that didn't matter. A month and a half later I really love the car even though it requires living paycheck to paycheck. My old car was faster but this one has decent pickup and the sound is pretty niiiice. The interior seems to get dirty so easily. Plus it seems like Ford forgot a few things - like a TRUNK RELEASE for the INSIDE, and a FUEL DOOR release (which would be a relief given the recent gas price situation - not have to worry about people stealing gas), and automatic lights would have been nice too. But the message center is SO great, I love knowing how many miles I have until I run out of gas!
Anyways, reading through this forum really helped me come to my decision and hopefully I can contribute back somehow.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:31 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: New Owner Intro!

welcome evol. [sm=smiley20.gif]
I'm sure you will enjoy it.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:43 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Welcome, you will love the car.
Old 09-11-2005, 06:46 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evol

Hey everyone
I wanted to introduce myself as an official '05 V6 owner, I don't think I've done so yet.
I'm very new to the Mustang crowd - I had a '95 V8 Tbird with modifications for 5 years (since I was 17) before "totaling" it, and in July I decided to buy a new Mustang. I went with the V6 as a responsible decision, given my DMV record and the fact that if it was a V6 I wouldn't bother getting into modifying it (money pit). At the time it was stressful because I heard I couldn't order a 2005, and there weren't many to choose from at the dealerships around here. But amazingly enough I found the perfect one 20 miles away with all the options I wanted (ALL of them - Exterior Sport, Interior Upgrade, (apparently the MyColor dash was difficult to find!), Leather, TC/ABS, AAT, etc...), except it was silver, not white or black, but that didn't matter. A month and a half later I really love the car even though it requires living paycheck to paycheck. My old car was faster but this one has decent pickup and the sound is pretty niiiice. The interior seems to get dirty so easily. Plus it seems like Ford forgot a few things - like a TRUNK RELEASE for the INSIDE, and a FUEL DOOR release (which would be a relief given the recent gas price situation - not have to worry about people stealing gas), and automatic lights would have been nice too. But the message center is SO great, I love knowing how many miles I have until I run out of gas!
Anyways, reading through this forum really helped me come to my decision and hopefully I can contribute back somehow.
They also forgot a DEAD PEDAL for the autos! WTF?????????????????
Old 09-11-2005, 07:36 PM
haledixon

you can always pull down the back seats, crawl into the trunk and use the trunk interior lid release.
Old 09-11-2005, 08:59 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: evol
and the fact that if it was a V6 I wouldn't bother getting into modifying it (money pit).
Um, yeah, that's going to work... No one modifying V6's 'round here...

Welcome though for sure
Old 09-12-2005, 12:26 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Welcome aboard!!! As you know, the folks here are knowledgeable and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and soon you'll be offering advice to others. But watch out - chances are that you'll want to mod your V6 Stang.
Old 09-12-2005, 05:43 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

Welcome aboard!!! As you know, the folks here are knowledgeable and helpful. Don't be afraid to ask questions, and soon you'll be offering advice to others. But watch out - chances are that you'll want to mod your V6 Stang.
Ditto on the welcome, evol! Rather new here myself (me thinks the 05-06's have open the floodgates!).

And I'll second the mod thing--it starts simple. So far, I've added a keyless keypad to the door and rear mudflaps. Of course, I *really* have the itch to get a CAI and XCal2, and true duals seem like such a good idea now, too......hehehe.

Old 09-12-2005, 09:10 PM
05TorchRedV6

Congrats on your Silver Stang ,how about some pics

Old 09-12-2005, 10:16 PM
buscg

Hey welcome to the board. Everyone may think they're not going to mod but they do. My advice to you is definately get an xcal2 if you do nothing else. You will see it will be close to that tbird. (i too had a tbird - 94 with 4.6 with mods) Have fun with it.

Quick Reply: New Owner Intro!