Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Finding Parts....?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2012, 11:08 PM
NyghtSpydr

Question Finding Parts....?

Forgive me if I haven't done my 100% due diligence in searching for parts for my 2010 Mustang Convertible V6, but I can't seem to find any performance parts! I only seem to find parts for the GT model.....are there no parts to enhance performance for my V6? If anyone knows of some sites that sell performance parts for a basic 4.0L V6, please direct me towards them so I may bask in the glory of all that is Mustang Modding!!
Old 01-28-2012, 11:35 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

americanmuscle.com

They sell quite a bit for the 4.0L models... Seeing as how they are the bread and butter of the mustang sales, I'm surprised you had a hard time sourcing parts- hope that helps =)
Old 01-29-2012, 09:14 AM
maxshuty
4th Gear Member

There's tons of them, you'll want to start out with a cold air intake and a tuner though. It make your car feel like a whole new beast when you get them. Otherwise americanmuscle.com is the best and always has free shipping and the best customer service anywhere.
I've got a spare cold air intake if you're interested pm me and I'll give you a good deal on it.
Old 01-29-2012, 09:54 AM
NyghtSpydr

What's odd is I seem to always find the parts that say something like (05-10 GT), or (05-09), but not (05-10) *non-GT*...or am I not seeing these right? I was looking at AmericanMuscle, so that's what makes me confused. I guess I am just too new to this, never worked on cars before but always been interested.

As for that spare Cold Air Intake, yeah, I'm interested. I'll hit you up about it.
Old 01-29-2012, 11:03 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

The 4.0 2010 is not very well supported because it is the less desirable year and engine, no offense. Many parts, performance and visual, that are made for 5-9 V6s and 11-12 V6s don't work with your car. For example, CAIs that fit the 4.0 are generally 05-09, but your car requires a slightly different design. Couple that with the fact that a 3.7 intake won't work on a 4.0, and you have a very specialized market. You also have a 7.5" rear end like the 05-09 V6s, but the 11-12s have the 8.8. Things like that are the reason you aren't getting as many results as you want.

Do check out Cold Air Intakes, make sure to buy a tune to go with them. Otherwise it is worthless. Underdrive pulleys and 8.8 rear ends are always a common and worthwhile upgrade too. You may have trouble finding just the right exhaust because of the fitment issues with 11-12s and 05-09s, but you should definitely look into changing the exhaust. Wheels and tires are one of those things you should upgrade when you need them as well, so don't forget about those.

There are a lot of sites that sell cool stuff for our cars, american muscle, brenspeed, late model, search around and you will find a lot. Good luck!
Old 01-29-2012, 05:13 PM
CoupeKiller
1st Gear Member

American Muscle has them...but they usually only have one or two in the area you are searching in so you have to pay CLOSE attention. also, when you search for the parts on ammuscle you can click on 2010 tab and it'll pull all V6 and V8 parts. I just ordered an intake and tuner for my 10 V6 convertible. so they have them...just gotta look hard because there are usually only 1 or two on the section you are looking in.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:21 AM
Jarrod@latemodel
Former Sponsor

If you need anything, we still offer 4.0 V6 parts, give me a call or shoot me a PM.

Here is a link to all of our Cold air and tuner kits.

Latemodel Restoration

Last edited by Jarrod@latemodel; 01-31-2012 at 11:09 AM.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:42 AM
NyghtSpydr

Thanks everybody for all the good tips. @CoupeKiller yeah i have the same ride as you, what CAI did you end up buying for yours and what tuner are you going to go with? @Jarrod I will look at your website as well, thanks!!
Old 01-30-2012, 12:37 PM
CoupeKiller
1st Gear Member

JLT CAI and SF3 tuner just bought it this weekend

http://www.americanmuscle.com/jlt-sct-kit-10v6.html
Old 01-31-2012, 11:05 AM
NyghtSpydr

@Coupe: I like that kit, I might buy the same thing! Thanks!

Quick Reply: Finding Parts....?