Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I got T-BONED, have car pics.....is it repairable?

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2012, 10:25 PM
sainraja

Default I got T-BONED, have car pics.....is it repairable?

Here are the pictures:

What do you guys think the insurance will say?

It's a 2005 Ford Mustang.....

darn drunk drivers...
Old 02-04-2012, 10:29 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Well the insurance adjuster will just say that sucks and better hope they have insurance. It doesn't look like there is any frame damage, if not you will be getting a new door, probably quarter panel as well.
Old 02-04-2012, 10:57 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

If there is no structural damage, which it doesn't appear to be, looks like a new fender and door for you. Could of been much worse, considered lucky for a t-bone situation. Sucks nonetheless.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:02 PM
sainraja

I forgot to mention that the alignment is off too (couldn't show pics of that though.) The steering wheel does not go straight in the straight position....hope I have given a clear explanation..

If it can be repaired, that's good then......been worried that it could be a worse case scenario.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:03 PM
sainraja

correction....I mean the car doesn't go straight when the steering wheel is in the straight position...
Old 02-04-2012, 11:11 PM
obxdude018
3rd Gear Member

Just make sure you tell the adjuster that so they can add it to the price for repairs.
Old 02-04-2012, 11:24 PM
sainraja

Sure. Thanks guys for the responses so far. I appreciate your advice. I will make sure to mention that to the adjuster (I did over the phone but will remind him again when the case is settled.)
Old 02-05-2012, 01:06 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Fender a door, possibly control arms. Will need a good alignment, possibly a new rim and some other small alignment-related pieces. I got a fender for like 250 bucks and a door for 600, new full parts straight from Ford. Don't let them put non-OEM or junkyard parts on, more hassle then it's worth. Tell them you want them to match the orange peel or you will have uneven paint, btw. Don't let them cut the door skin, just get a whole new door. Many people don't know that the full door from Ford is sealed with the factory seal, and when you just get the outer metal and cut it in, it ruins the seal. No matter how well they glue it, once that seal is gone, you will be guaranteed to have rust down the road (no matter what they say). Make sure to have them check the gaps and levels on the hood and rocker panel and before you sign off on it, drive it to make sure the new door is sealed properly. I missed this step and now have a slight whistle at 80+. I've been through all this before so if you have any questions feel free to shoot me a message. Remember that even if it's your baby, it's just a car, and as long as your fine the car can be fixed. And most of all, good luck!
Old 02-05-2012, 11:21 AM
sainraja

Thanks MustangFirstCar, I'll be sure to ask. Appreciate the help.....tomorrow things should clear up from the insurance side (hopefully.)
Old 02-06-2012, 01:10 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Hope it goes well!

Quick Reply: I got T-BONED, have car pics.....is it repairable?