Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

sct 2 question

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2005, 09:39 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default sct 2 question

Ok I just got my sct xcalibrator 2 and was wondering, on the instructions that come with the tuner it says to disconnect fuel pump and electric fan fuses. Are the fuses i need to disconnect located next to the engine on the passenger side or some other fuse box. And the owners manual for the car said to disconnect the battery cable if messing with the fuses? So please let me know what i need to do. thanks.
Old 09-16-2005, 10:03 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: sct 2 question

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

Ok I just got my sct xcalibrator 2 and was wondering, on the instructions that come with the tuner it says to disconnect fuel pump and electric fan fuses. Are the fuses i need to disconnect located next to the engine on the passenger side or some other fuse box. And the owners manual for the car said to disconnect the battery cable if messing with the fuses? So please let me know what i need to do. thanks.
No one I know has actually pulled the fuses... including me...
Old 09-16-2005, 10:05 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

So you havent had any problems from it?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:14 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

how about the battery, did u disconnect it?
Old 09-16-2005, 10:22 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

how about the battery, did u disconnect it?
You can't disconnect the battery... that's how the car's computer and the SCT get's it's power....

I haven't had any problems... I have reflashed my car dozens of times...
Old 09-17-2005, 03:40 AM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

From the XCAL2 Support FAQ at http://www.sctflash.com ( http://sctflash.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1751 ):

Q: I recieved My Xcal2 today. In the instructions it states Disconnect the Fuel pump and fan Fuses....Where are those located exactly and what do they look like?

A: This depends on what model/year vehicle you own. The Fuel pump and fan fuses are usually listed in your owners manual and also inside the fusepanel cover. Pulling the fuses is necessary on all 96-97 vehicles, but may not be necessary in other years (although we do recommend it). We recommend it because it prevents battery drain during flashing, which may cause problems if your battery is low.
Old 09-17-2005, 07:02 AM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Ok I re-flashed it with no problems and didnt pull any fuses. Thanks for all the help
Old 09-17-2005, 11:25 AM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Ok I re-flashed it with no problems and didnt pull any fuses. Thanks for all the help
Excellent! Where did you get your tunes? How about a report!??

Mine should arrive next week...your questions (and people's answers) have been helpful
Old 09-17-2005, 02:55 PM
Jim Smyth
1st Gear Member

The reason they want you to pull the fuses is because in the first flash you do, it loads your orginal program into the SCT2. If for some reason the fan/fuel pump comes on and you have a weak battery you may zip all the power out of it and loose your orginal tune and you would have a hard time replacing it. My cars battery was fully charged and I just put a battery charger on the car to make sure while I did the flash. Since this was a first for me I didnt know what to expect. The download of my orginal tune into the SCT2 and the 87 octane replacement upload tune took about a minute total. If I had to do it again I wouldnt mess around with the charger and would just reflash the car. You shouldnt have any problems doing it that way.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:18 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I got mine from Breenspeed. I think it makes a very noticeable difference in performance. It gets rid of the lag from the time you floor it until it starts going. I am very pleased with it.

Quick Reply: sct 2 question