Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 12:24 AM
Rshustler1
2nd Gear Member

Default Need some help

So as some of you know ive been itching to go FI for years now and recently put together a complete turbo kit minus the hot side and spending ALOT of money for extra parts here and there as the mechanic requested he has had my car since early june and now its august i went to check on it weekly sometime multiple times a week to find out that he has basically burned me recently, he has taken my money and done absolutley nothing then yesterday he called me and said i need to bring him a new set of manifolds or headers so he can install them because he cannot do the turbo kit install but will use the initial 800 i paid him to install the new exhaust and the daily charge of working on it. so now i have a turbo, and all the little accessories to go with it and short the hot side and 800 dollars for nothing. i even called a lawyer and the lawyer told me there is not much we can do because it was a cash deal so im basically screwed.

so enough of the whining, on to business,

I have saved the money for this project for 3 years and recently had my first child so saving is basically out at the moment.

i have a t3 turbo and all the gadgets and intercooler piping etc.. to go with it along with about $1500 to go either fi or something that will make the last 3 years of saved overtime worth it in terms of go. if i can get a procharger or vortch i can do the install but im no welder and cant do the turbo myself and the manifild alone is going to cost me almost 1k according to the cheaper quotes ive recieved from sever maching/performance/parts shops. also i will not go nitrous as this is my daily driver. if there is anything possible to get something similiar to the added power of a turbo.

just for those who havent followed me up untill now mods are
screamin demon,
jlt cai
sct 93 tune
full exhaust including brand new headers
tlok with gears
alot of suspensions parts lca, sways,