Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ignition Upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 10:14 PM
Arkansas V6

Default Ignition Upgrades

I ordered Taylor Street Thunder 8MM Wires, NGK Iridium Spark plugs, and The Screamin Deamon Coil pack For my V6 I have dual exhaust, Spectre Cold air intake, And a 93 Octane diablo tune. and i was wondering if I can expect any real performance gains from The wires, plugs, and coil pack and not just the placebo effect...

Thanks
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM
Rshustler1
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Arkansas V6
I ordered Taylor Street Thunder 8MM Wires, NGK Iridium Spark plugs, and The Screamin Deamon Coil pack For my V6 I have dual exhaust, Spectre Cold air intake, And a 93 Octane diablo tune. and i was wondering if I can expect any real performance gains from The wires, plugs, and coil pack and not just the placebo effect...

Thanks

You wont notice or really get any gains. From the plugs or wires and your potentionally risking your being stranded with the coil pack. I boughy 2 sd pscks and both did not benefit my engine. Moral of the story stock coil pack is more thsn strong enough. Hp wise your not going to gain any. Sorry. The wires are good and plugs are always good maitnence might notice a better idle with fresh plugs
Old 12-18-2012, 02:17 PM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Arkansas V6

Thanks

Arkansas V6,

You should notice a difference in your Mustang's overall engine operation. The engine will idle smoother and have a cleaner acceleration. Of course, if your tune is not spot on the changes will be less noticeable!

Shane
Old 12-18-2012, 06:21 PM
Arkansas V6

Thanks for the responses. Not exactly what I wanted to hear but I guess ill just have to see what it feels like when I get it all installed.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:41 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I doubt you'll feel anything. Your CAI & tune are your only power gainers. And, at least on the GT's, aftermarket coils have been a nightmare due to failures.

Don't believe the advertising hype. Ask here before buying next time.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:52 PM
Arkansas V6

Well i hope the coil pack doesnt become a problem... Saw the reviews they recieved off AM so I figured id give them a shot due to them not being very expensive.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:14 AM
akdoggie
2nd Gear Member

I have the SD coil with LiveWires, JLT CAI, 93 octane tune and new Autolite plugs. I put it all on at once, and believe me the difference was quite surprising. My throttle response was quicker and it was a night and day difference. Passing power was highly improved.

This combination coupled with my LSD 3:73s have made my v6 "very" improved over the day I brought it home. I have fun with it now and I will definitely keep it this way. JMO
Old 12-21-2012, 06:17 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by akdoggie
I have the SD coil with LiveWires, JLT CAI, 93 octane tune and new Autolite plugs. I put it all on at once, and believe me the difference was quite surprising. My throttle response was quicker and it was a night and day difference. Passing power was highly improved...
The CAI & tune is responsible for the noticeable difference, not the coils and plugs.
Old 12-22-2012, 09:51 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Originally Posted by Rshustler1
You wont notice or really get any gains. From the plugs or wires and your potentionally risking your being stranded with the coil pack. I boughy 2 sd pscks and both did not benefit my engine. Moral of the story stock coil pack is more thsn strong enough. Hp wise your not going to gain any. Sorry. The wires are good and plugs are always good maitnence might notice a better idle with fresh plugs
yea, stranded...
You will be screamin at that coil pack someday...

The tune increased the throttle response, not the coil or wires...
Old 12-22-2012, 10:08 AM
Arkansas V6

Definatly not what I am wanting to be hearing..... Sounds like I will be sending this coil pack back and not even install the thing.

Quick Reply: Ignition Upgrades