Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: A poll
Steeda CAI
8.33%
AFE
12.50%
AEM BRUTE FORCE
29.17%
MAC
0%
OTHER
50.00%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

WHICH CAI

Old 09-29-2005, 02:03 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default WHICH CAI

I have a SCT-2 so which CAI would be best?
Old 09-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Pyrat
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: WHICH CAI

I am waiting for the release of Velocity Mustang Performance's CAI in a couple of months. Since my Stang is a '05 V6 and VMP specializes in V6 products is should be worth the wait. VMP has reported that the tube can be had in color to match your mustang and they will provide a XCAL2 tune for the CAI. For more info, contact Justin at justin@vmptuning.com.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:19 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well I've said this a million times, but a high price cai doen't do anymore than a cheap cai off of ebay. All a cai does is allows greater airflow into your engine by removing the wire filter on the MAF housing, the paper air filter, and the stock air housing, all of which restrict air flow. Ebay sells damn good units at cheap prices, just make sure you read the feedback to see if anybody is having mouting problems if not than its good, just try to get one with a K&N filter, they won't offer that much more hp than your adverage cai filter, maybe 1-3 hp, but their quality is unbeatable. Oh don't beleive everything you see in an ad like AEM cai increases rwhp by 15+. First of all thats a bunch of bull. It doesn't matter what kit you install, the most you'll get with a stock engine is 5-10 rear wheel hp gain. So this is why the cheapies will work just fine. Also, when they come out for your year, get a high flow throttle body and MAF housing, this will allow furthur you to maximize air intake on your cai.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:50 PM
burdweiser
2nd Gear Member

I'm starting to lean towards the new Tunable Induction unit on the v6mustangstuff.com website. You get a tube and air filter for $209!! Can't beat that! MMR is nice lookin', but I don't think I can afford that one. [sm=boohoo.gif] I will probably wait a few months to check out this Velocity Mustang Performance CAI that Pyrat is talkin' about.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:57 PM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

I'm going with good ole K&N. It might not look good, but you cant beat the quality, and it comes with a carb number for you california guys worried about smog.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:33 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I have the Steeda but I really want the new C&L. [sm=drooldude.gif]
Old 09-29-2005, 09:14 PM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

I have the Steeda but I really want the new C&L. [sm=drooldude.gif]
Why?
Old 09-29-2005, 09:22 PM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9
All a cai does is allows greater airflow into your engine by removing the wire filter on the MAF housing, the paper air filter, and the stock air housing, all of which restrict air flow.
It is refreshing to see others with a clear understanding of the basic principles at play. Folks waiting for some super special CAI are just waiting. Unless you are looking for a special look, there are all the choices you need out there now.
Old 10-28-2005, 02:57 PM
islandmustang
1st Gear Member

is K&N legal in california???
Old 10-28-2005, 04:18 PM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

i'm voting for AEM only cuz i have it, it looks awesome under the hood and performs great (the air filter is the new dryflow which is supposed to be better than oiled cotton filters). i'm sure however all other CAI's perform nicely and similar (i have K&N in my truck and love it).

hey islandmustang.....what dual exhaust system do you have on your ride?.....did you trim out the bumper for the driver side muffler yourself?......looks very nice by the way! i should be recieving my JBA true dual exhaust system early next week! can't wait!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: WHICH CAI