Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

More Goodies

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2013, 03:04 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Talking More Goodies

Finally got my car all back to normal after I slid into a curb in the snow, so I decided it was time for more upgrades Ordered a new throttle body from american muscle and some side scoops. Hopefully in the next day or 2 it will be a new car part day
Old 03-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Return the TB. 1) they don't provide any performance gain unless you're FI and 2) they can be more trouble than they're worth.
Old 03-07-2013, 08:29 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 2011V6Nicole
Finally got my car all back to normal after I slid into a curb in the snow, so I decided it was time for more upgrades Ordered a new throttle body from american muscle and some side scoops. Hopefully in the next day or 2 it will be a new car part day
I'm glad to hear your Mustang is all back together and running good! You're going to love the added Power and Throttle response from the throttle body and the side scoops are really going to pull your louvers together and finish up your cosmetics!

I look forward to hearing your feedback, let me know if you have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

Last edited by AMDanBailer; 03-07-2013 at 02:33 PM.
Old 03-07-2013, 11:26 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Why a new Throttle Body?
Was your OEM one defective?
Search BBK TB and see why I am asking...

$$ down the drain...

But she is looking sweet with the exterior mods done.

TBs add NO power gains or improved Throttle Response
despite what the guy selling them (Dan) has to say...
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Only a dyno tune can do those things.

Last edited by 157dB; 03-07-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 03-07-2013, 04:45 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

parts came today put the tb on and even if it dosent do anything its already on and im too lazy to take it back off haha i still have the stock one if it causes problems. I have to get the side scoops painted first so hopefully i can do that sometime next week and get them put on haha

as for why i bought it, i assumed that it would make a difference and thought it would go good with the cai i put on
Old 03-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Joenpb
2nd Gear Member

People seem to have their minds made up that the new larger TB doesn't produce any power. I bought one too, just like I did a CAI, which doesn't do a thing either according to the naysayers. I found the CAI improved throttle response, and the TB does exactly what the BBK video claims, produce more power (30 ft lbs of torque) below 4k rpms. Exactly where the 3.7L v6 could really use it. The difference isn't huge, but is noticeable. Good luck.

Last edited by Joenpb; 03-07-2013 at 07:49 PM.
Old 03-08-2013, 09:13 AM
AMDanBailer
Former Sponsor

parts came today put the tb on and even if it dosent do anything its already on and im too lazy to take it back off haha i still have the stock one if it causes problems. I have to get the side scoops painted first so hopefully i can do that sometime next week and get them put on haha

as for why i bought it, i assumed that it would make a difference and thought it would go good with the cai i put on
Originally Posted by Joenpb
People seem to have their minds made up that the new larger TB doesn't produce any power. I bought one too, just like I did a CAI, which doesn't do a thing either according to the naysayers. I found the CAI improved throttle response, and the TB does exactly what the BBK video claims, produce more power (30 ft lbs of torque) below 4k rpms. Exactly where the 3.7L v6 could really use it. The difference isn't huge, but is noticeable. Good luck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=4Cvzw01O9yw
Awesome guys! I'm glad to hear you're both enjoying your Throttle body's. Depending on your modification, will depend on how well a larger throttle body will perform! The more mods you do, the more air you need to get into the motor, that is when you'll really start to feel the benefits.

Let me know if you guys ever have any questions or need some assistance! Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266. I can also have one of them call you directly.

-Dan
Old 03-08-2013, 10:32 AM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Glad to hear it.
Better keep the old OEM TB in the trunk and the tools needed to re-install it
as that BBK is known to leave people stranded on the side of the road
at the worst possible moment.
I like HP increases but not if it causes reliability problems as well...
Old 03-08-2013, 07:59 PM
2011V6Nicole
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Joenpb

I took her out today, I definitely noticed a difference. I'm not sure if it was a $400 difference, but it was noticeable. I'm happy with it
Old 03-09-2013, 12:24 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

$400 would have got you a tuner and you WOULD see
a snappier throttle response and noticeable power increases.
Be sure that the install didnt produce any leaks after the
MAF.

Quick Reply: More Goodies