Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

t-lok differential

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2005, 01:10 PM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

Default t-lok differential

just doing some more research for my car and parts, i was wondering if anyone has a t-lok differential and if so...how do you like how much was install if you didn't do it yourself
Old 10-05-2005, 07:30 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: t-lok differential

I LOVE IT! I had it installed at a local ring and pinion shop cost me 175.00 for installation. I had already purchased the t-loc from another gentlemen here on mustang forums it was a ford racing t-loc, the cost was 170.00.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:35 PM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

the ford racing t-lok i seen was 200 but man that is a steal not bad for install either might have to look into that one, how long was your car held up for the day while they did it?
Old 10-05-2005, 07:40 PM
droptop6
2nd Gear Member

I dropped it off at 7:00 am and picked it up at noon. I think it changed the way the car launches off the line and i love the posi burn outs.
Old 10-05-2005, 07:49 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

If you are going to be adding power adders like pro-chargers, turbos or nitrous, then your best bet is to go with Detroit Locker:

http://www.detroitlocker.com/DT.htm

TruTrac is what I will go with after talking with some other people. Here is some awesome info on strengthing our rear ends in preparation of power adders:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=35849

If you are only going to do intake, exhause and a 75-100 shot of nitrous, then you should be fine with the ford tloc.
Old 10-05-2005, 10:02 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

If you are going to be adding power adders like pro-chargers, turbos or nitrous, then your best bet is to go with Detroit Locker:

http://www.detroitlocker.com/DT.htm

TruTrac is what I will go with after talking with some other people. Here is some awesome info on strengthing our rear ends in preparation of power adders:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=35849

If you are only going to do intake, exhause and a 75-100 shot of nitrous, then you should be fine with the ford tloc.
and as long as you don't put slicks on... slicks, manual tranny and a hard launch with a big shot or a lot of boost will be pushing the T-loc... but since I don't plan on running slick I'm not to worried about the t-loc... which I LOVE by the way!!! I had mine put in when I had the gears put in... I was told that if I just wanted the t-loc put in it would be $100 to install....

Here's me trying out the t-loc;

Trac-loc
Old 10-05-2005, 11:11 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Scrming would know, he is one of the first to put a nitrous kit on our cars!
Old 10-06-2005, 03:15 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

would a t-lok help lower our v6's 0-60s and by how much how much
Old 10-06-2005, 10:51 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I don't know by how much but it will definitely help your launch, which will help your time because you are putting power to both wheels. There is a good article on traction in this months Muscle Mustang and Fast Fords, a good read on gaining HP with traction mods.
Old 10-06-2005, 11:47 AM
Hurricane Stang
1st Gear Member

i own an auto so maybe i didn't read enough but you should still buy the t-loc despite what transmission you have correct, because you still need to put power to both wheels

Quick Reply: t-lok differential