Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

06 v6 mustang i just bought

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2013, 09:47 PM
Rggonz

Default 06 v6 mustang i just bought

So before this i had a 02 v6 mustang and i decided to do an upgrade so i sold it and bought this 06 v6 for 5,750 dollars and its a clean title with 97k miles.

Mods:
K n N CAI
BBK throttle
Diablo chip
Dual flowmaster exhaust (sounds beautiful)
4 20" deep dish rims with that back ones being bigger.
3.55 gear ratio

Tell what you guys think and i also want to know what lowering springs do you guys recommend, i wanna have it lowered atleast an inch and a half.
Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 PM
flyhigh@mach1
2nd Gear Member

I like the blacked out grill and wheels. Is it just me or does anyone else like the stock ride height? I choose to keep it stock height...looks 60ish!
Old 07-12-2013, 02:47 AM
Rudolph Hucker
4th Gear Member

wow that was cheap dude...looks good ****
Old 07-12-2013, 03:16 AM
JJHoover
2nd Gear Member

did they change the rear end, didn't think 3:55 was available for the 7.5 rear in our cars?
Old 07-12-2013, 08:28 AM
mcrider
2nd Gear Member

No flyhigh, it's not just you. I like the stock height also.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:13 PM
JimC

You made a good buy at that price. I've never been a fan of the all black wheel like that, but that is my personal taste - your car and your taste (just as I'm sure that I have done mods that you wouldn't do to your car).

If you have 3.55's then did the prior owner swap to the 8.8" rear end, or change the 7.5 gears?

When I had my 2006 I used the Roush rear springs to level the stance. I then swapped those for the FRPP springs because the Roush was too much. The FRPP leveled it much better. CDC had a package price on FRPP springs, shocks, struts, and rear sway bar so you might check them out. With the miles on the car you might as well look at the shocks and struts.

Edit, I just noticed that it looks like the pony package grille - if so, on the 2006 pony package you have the GT rear sway bar (later year pony package had smaller sway bars, and the base package has no rear sway bar)

Last edited by JimC; 07-12-2013 at 08:15 PM.
Old 07-12-2013, 08:46 PM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

Ok so you should go to stranoparts.com and get the Koni Yellows (specials or whatever) and Steeda lowering springs. IIRC it's like a 1.25 drop in the front and a 1.5 in the back to even it out and your car will handle like a ****ing dream. If you go lower than that it stops really improving handling and might be too rough a ride. You might need some other stuff like camber bolts or plates and new upper control arms because of something about pinion angles being changed, especially if you go lower than the steeda springs like some people go for a 2" drop. Also you're gonna want a steeper gear ratio, I personally think 4.10s are the way to go (as some other member on here said 'don't fear the gear!'). Do you know if you have an 8.8 rear axle or the stock 7.5? Because if you have the 7.5 you're gonna need the 8.8. You have the basic mods most of us usually do already so if you're looking for advice on what mods to do you should give us an idea of what you wanna change about your car so we can recommend stuff to improve it.

Also I would recommend changing the front bumper. There are a lot available so you have plenty of options but I like the GT/CS bumper for a more aggressive but still somewhat stock look.
Old 07-13-2013, 06:50 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

I know that Diablo makes/made a handheld tuner and that you can buy their tunes preloaded or have a 3rd party like AM write you better tunes but a Diablo chip? Didn't know they did that. If so, it can't be any better than their canned tunes. I'd dump that for some good custom tunes.

$5750 was a steal providing there's nothing significantly wrong. Congrats.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:47 PM
Rggonz

Thank you all for the awesome replies, i was wondering those of you with the v6 how much mpg are you pulling off in the city. According to my dash im doing about 14mpg in the city.
Old 07-14-2013, 10:57 AM
MustangFirstCar
5th Gear Member

I average around 18 but I can get as low as 14 if I'm driving aggressively around town a lot.

Quick Reply: 06 v6 mustang i just bought