Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablosport vs xcal2

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2005, 11:04 PM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Default Diablosport vs xcal2

I am new to the site and this is my first post. I have been reading EVERYTHING on this site regarding performance upgrades for my 2006 stang. I am convinced that all agree a CAI and Tune is a must do for this V6. Have seen all the traffic on the Diablo vs the Xcal2 (both with a CAI combo). JMS Chip Perf Center has a nice Xcal2/CAI combo for 499. RPM Outlet has a great CIA/Predator combo for 450. The Preadator combo has the AFE or AEM options for the CAI (450 and 499 respectively). It seems to me that the CAI offered in the Predator combo deal is much better than the one offered from JMS. The reason it seems so is that the JMS CAI does not have a weather shield which I understand also helps seperate the filter from the hot engine air much better. Also, the RPM AEM option (499 w/ Predator) is a full blown CAI with polished air tube. Basically comes down to the tune. Have read the XCAL3 vs Predator thread but have not realy seen any conclusions. I like the looks of the CAI/Diablo deal at RPM Outlet just because the CAI looks so much more pro than the "add-on" oval filter represented in the JMS kit...its all about the tuner at this point...please help.

Soon as I figure out this CIA/Tune issue, I will also be putting on the dual exhaust.

Any final thoughts before I go drop 500 this week?

By the way, you guys rock! I have never seen a forum with better threads...thanks!!
Old 10-17-2005, 04:38 AM
MustangScott
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Diablosport vs xcal2

check out tunable inductions CAI/Tune. The tune might not be ready yet, but it should be out soon. www.demolet.com or www.v6mustangstuff.com
Old 10-17-2005, 05:59 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

The Tunable Induction intake tunes are supposed to be completed later this week.

As far as the combos... everyone seems to be really pleased with their choices. I don't think you can really go wrong, though one tuner/intake might produce a couple more hp than another combo. Maybe looks will also factor into your decision...i.e. a shiny inlet tube vs plastic vs just the cone filter, etc.

The SCT has been out for quite awhile and everyone seems to dig 'em. The Predator has only been out for just a bit for the V6 so not as many have 'em and we're not seeing as much feedback yet.

When I finally decide on an intake, I'll go with an X-cal II, simply because there are local dynos that use SCT.

And... welcome to the board! Enjoy your ride!
Old 10-17-2005, 03:11 PM
Torkfastback
1st Gear Member

Thanks for both replies. hamidlmt...I have read all of your Threads and can say that you bring a lot to this forum...Thanks! Yet another question, I have found a guy who has a complete GT OEM exhaust system for sale. The system is from the manifolds back to the tips. I understand the mainiflds are unusable for my car, but can the system be installed from the Cats back? Can I have a muffler shop just cut my current system, leaving the cats in place and then have the GT system welded in starting at the GT H pipe? If so, are there any things to be aware of? Any gas tank or obstuctions between the 4.0 and the 4.6 cars that would keep me from just "bolting/welding" his GT system under my car? I plan on doing the bumper cutout in that most folks have said it is straight forward and looks great. I also know I will need hangers for the drivers side muffler.

This exhaust question has been discussed before, but I am hoping that someone who has just recently done this can give me current help. Thanks.