Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Quad Exhaust Tips

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2017, 06:11 PM
Daniel Aguilar

Default Quad Exhaust Tips

Hey guys, I saw a quad exhaust tips mustang and loved it, my mustnag has the stock v6 bumper cut with the pypes true dual exhaust, i want to change the tips for quad tips, now I dont know if I can just cut my bumper, or im better off buying a new bumper (which tho?) or an add on to my actual bumper (which tho?) and cutting that instead...
I havent been able to come up with a cooncrete idea myself so im posting this to see if any of you have any advice or tips on how to do this(really bad pun intended)? lol

Heres a pic so you guys get what im saying:

This isnt my car, just one i found in google to ilustrate haha

Thanks for the input!

PS: I realize this thread isnt made with the best grammar or writing but im in a hurry so I have to post this and leave home so please excuse the thread on that side haha
Old 08-10-2017, 03:24 PM
Automaaagically

It’s not difficult to cut your own bumperto
Old 08-10-2017, 03:28 PM
Automaaagically

Just figure out what tip diameter you want to go with, multiply that by two and then add like another half inch to that and now you have the length of the hole you need to cut in the bumper. Or essentially to length that you need to widen the existing holes to. Best thing to do if its just for looks is buy four new tips because i doubt you can just buy the tips for the true dual you have, and then have the new tips welded on.