Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MMR CAI

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2005, 10:00 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: MMR CAI

this would probably be a big problem if you ran nitrous correct?
Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

this would probably be a big problem if you ran nitrous correct?
I never thought of that... but your right, it probably would be a very bad thing! We actually compensated for the MMR CAI before I installed the nitrous... and then I didn't try out the nitrous out until we got the car on the dyno so we could keep a very close eye on the A/F!
Old 11-05-2005, 10:04 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

[sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif][sm=headbang.gif] NO CAI IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER!!!!! PLEASE GET A CAI STICKY POSTED LIKE WE DID IN THE V6, 2.3L, and TURBO FORUM!!!!! ALSO, IF ANY OF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN CAIS, PM AUTOBAGES, HE WILL GET YOU A GREAT DEAL.
Old 11-05-2005, 11:51 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

if they were all the same why would we even have to replace the stock one tho?
Old 11-06-2005, 12:42 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Well thats weird, I really dont understand what your trying to say? but what I got out of it is your telling me that Im better off with the stock air box? Im not saying your wrong man but I can feel the difference with the CAI better than the stock air box. I have a manual though not an automatic is that dyno test with a Automatic or manual?

The other thing I think you might be saying is that I did see a better performance with the CAI on but I need to get it tuneded to see the true performance?

you really confused me with that Dyno cause I dont know how I can fell a difference in my car when your dynos say & shows that I dont feel a difference? or that the CAI Is doing basically nothing?

I kinda dont make since someone clear this up for me please I cant fiqure out what he ment lol

Some one explain a lil better

Actually the graph is not a dyno sheet... It shows the MAF counts for the stock air box vs the MMR CAI..

Due to the change in the MAF housing the computer "thinks" the car is getting LESS air then it really is... We know that the MMR will flow more air than the stock air box. But if you look a the graph you can see that the computer is reading the MAF Counts, and showing the MMR is LESS than STOCK... As a result the computer supplies LESS fuel... even thought there is MORE air... This causes the engine to run leaner... this give you the power gain... but it is by running leaner....

So yes, you are feeling a gain with the MMR.... especially at the higher RPMS. The MMR CAI will give you power, you just need to be aware that your car is now running leaner than it was with the stock air box... Remember my graph above IS NOT a dyno sheet...

With the MMR CAI, Magnaflow muffler and Tune, I picked up about 25 to 30 RWHP...
So you'd be getting more power, and better fuel efficiency?
Old 11-06-2005, 11:47 AM
05V6inMD
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

if they were all the same why would we even have to replace the stock one tho?
Because stock is not a CAI and because almost all aftermarket CAI's are essentially a common derivitive of the standard high flow cone filter. The difference between stock and a high flow cone filter is significant. The difference between one high flow cone filter and another is relatively very little.
Old 11-06-2005, 12:45 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

so essentially what your telling me is that you get better fuel efficiency, and more power?
Old 11-06-2005, 06:18 PM
dinoe254

Due to the change in the MAF housing the computer "thinks" the car is getting LESS air then it really is... We know that the MMR will flow more air than the stock air box. But if you look a the graph you can see that the computer is reading the MAF Counts, and showing the MMR is LESS than STOCK... As a result the computer supplies LESS fuel... even thought there is MORE air... This causes the engine to run leaner... this give you the power gain... but it is by running leaner....
what do you mean by running leaner? and is this bad?
Old 11-07-2005, 02:06 AM
smoker40

the mmr gave me 8 hp without the tune with no mods,my freand got 11 with the aem bruetforce.when i figure out how to do it ill post the dynos.but for looks alone im glad i got it.3 horse is nothing against a good driver.i smokem every time
Old 11-07-2005, 06:49 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: dinoe254
what do you mean by running leaner? and is this bad?
yeah... i'd like to know that too...

Quick Reply: MMR CAI