Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

AFE intake

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2005, 11:05 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

Default AFE intake

I was talked out of the K&N cold air kit by several of you, and re-decided on the AFE. Dyno proven with no tune- 12 RWHP, sounds like a good deal to me. However, does anyone have it? http://www.afefilters.com/54-10291.asp

can i just bring it to the dealer to get a tune? (i heard it gets like 20-some HP after tune)
Old 12-04-2005, 12:45 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: AFE intake

I heard it was pretty good and its the one that i plan on going with in january....
Old 12-04-2005, 01:31 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

well, if you get the money before i do, let me know how it works out for you... just PM me or something

i appriciate it
Old 12-04-2005, 01:50 PM
RedAlertlb
3rd Gear Member

ok i might get it this month but im gettin my 3.73s and t-loc so i dont know
Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LesteR723

I was talked out of the K&N cold air kit by several of you, and re-decided on the AFE. Dyno proven with no tune- 12 RWHP, sounds like a good deal to me. However, does anyone have it? http://www.afefilters.com/54-10291.asp

can i just bring it to the dealer to get a tune? (i heard it gets like 20-some HP after tune)
I have it, a dealer won't be able to give you a tune for it. To get 20HP, you will have to go to a performance shop so they can do a test & tune on a dyno.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:36 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

I have it, a dealer won't be able to give you a tune for it. To get 20HP, you will have to go to a performance shop so they can do a test & tune on a dyno.
are you noticing any problems running it without a tune? Or is it designed so it wont run too lean without the tune?

also, how much would it cost me to get a shop to dyno/tune it for me... and will i need a tuner like the Xcal2 or something of the sort or can they just put the tune in and let me go
Old 12-04-2005, 05:18 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

are you noticing any problems running it without a tune? Or is it designed so it wont run too lean without the tune?

also, how much would it cost me to get a shop to dyno/tune it for me... and will i need a tuner like the Xcal2 or something of the sort or can they just put the tune in and let me go
I had no problems without a tune, I have the diablo performance tune on it now, but it isn't designed for a CAI, so I am not getting optimal gains yet. It is designed not to run lean without a tune. It's one of the few CAI's on the market that give you a gain without tripping the CEL.

You will need a tuner, if you don't have one then it will probably cost about $700 to get a package deal. I.E. tuner, dyno and custom tune.
Old 12-04-2005, 05:43 PM
lnmech

go to www.rpmoutlet.com they have a package deal afe predator kit for $449.95 check it out.looks like a good eal to me
Old 12-04-2005, 05:57 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: lnmech

go to www.rpmoutlet.com they have a package deal afe predator kit for $449.95 check it out.looks like a good eal to me
Thats the package deal I got, keep in mind that the diablo didn't come with a CAI tune. Also, keep in mind that if you have an auto, you are better off with the SCT2.
Old 12-05-2005, 12:38 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i was checking out the XCAL 2 because they said i can email them, tell them what mods i'v done and they will send me the tune via email and load it to my tuner for free.... so that sounds pretty good to me

Quick Reply: AFE intake