Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno Results: Tunable Induction CAI

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2006, 03:35 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Dyno Results: Tunable Induction CAI

John DeMolet from Tunable Induction approached me after I put up my post of 190RWHP, and how I was hoping for more of gain near 193. He offered to let me test his unit at no cost up front to see if I could reach my goal of 193 or better.

So, he sent me a new TI CAI, with NKG spark plugs. I was really excited about the NKG’s because of my pending Zex order. As you can see from the photos, the MAF tube is significantly larger than the stock tube, and it is made out of carbon fiber with a huge air filter.

http://www.rygen.net/stang/Files/IMG_0139-t.JPG
http://www.rygen.net/stang/Files/IMG_0141-t.JPG
http://www.rygen.net/stang/Files/IMG_0142-t.JPG

Now that we have everything installed, it was time to put it on the dyno. Prior to install, we did a dyno run for comparison. Here is what the run was with the AFE:

• 190.0 RWHP
• 203.5 RWTQ

Now, with the Tunable Induction CAI, we got the following:

• 192.0 RWHP
• 200.5 RWTQ

And with Chris (Excessive) making some minor AF changes, the final best was:

• 193.9 RWHP
• 203.6 RWTQ

On all three runs, my max power was observed at 5700 RPM. Once I get in to work, I will actually scan the dyno sheets and post them up. I am open to some suggestions on my TQ numbers, I’m really expecting more than what I have.

Following this, I am going to give John’s (Tunable Induction) SCT tunes a try and put her on the dyno and see what we come up with. Keep in mind that Chris (Excessive) said my car was running rich which is where he prefers it. He didn’t want the car running lean, but that may have something to do with the final numbers.

Another thing I need to do is find out what if Excessive put in the spark plugs before or after these tunes. My guess is after because I think they did the spark plugs with my Zex install. I will be contacting them shortly to find out the specifics.

More to come on this one.

PS: Clean engine compartment questions can be directed to the nearest brick wall. Car has been through several snow falls and I’m not cleaning it till the winter season is over.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:41 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno Results: Tunable Induction CAI

did you have a tune when you were running your AFE?
Old 01-14-2006, 03:52 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

did you have a tune when you were running your AFE?
Yes, I did, I had no tune and I had a professional tune. I have a really old dyno sheet somewhere, I have to dig it up, but it was right on the money at 12HP as advertised. Well, very close, it was like 11.9 Talk to afixer, his car was the test mule for the AFE.

[EDIT: Need to make 110% sure on this, I am hunting for the dyno sheet now. Scrming things the dyno sheet I reffered on one run was the magnaflows, cause he has the same straight through muffler type as I do. Researching now!]
Old 01-14-2006, 05:06 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

3.9 hp over the AFE! And, ya met your goal of 193 (and a bit more)... congrats! Looks great too!
Old 01-14-2006, 08:47 PM
Excepcion13

Hello, gentlemen!

And let's see what kind of numbers you post after you get that nitrous up and running....

Oh, I am going in for a dyno run on Monday morning with my current set-up and a 93 Octane tune.

Then I will get a Maganflow X-pipe, a GT take-off midpipe, and run JBA mufflers so that we can see exactly how the duals affects the car.
Old 01-14-2006, 09:00 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Excepcion13

Hello, gentlemen!

And let's see what kind of numbers you post after you get that nitrous up and running....

Oh, I am going in for a dyno run on Monday morning with my current set-up and a 93 Octane tune.

Then I will get a Maganflow X-pipe, a GT take-off midpipe, and run JBA mufflers so that we can see exactly how the duals affects the car.

OMG it's about time you become a member here!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Let me be the first to welcome you! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Rygn

Congrats on the pick up in RWHP nice work.

PS: Clean engine compartment questions can be directed to the nearest brick wall.
LOL! that was good.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Excepcion13

Hello, gentlemen!

What time you going in man, I may just have to drive down and check out your dyno session.
Old 01-14-2006, 11:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Excepcion13

Hello, gentlemen!

OMG it's about time you become a member here!! [sm=smiley20.gif]

Let me be the first to welcome you! [sm=icon_cheers.gif]

Rygn

Congrats on the pick up in RWHP nice work.

PS: Clean engine compartment questions can be directed to the nearest brick wall.
LOL! that was good.
Yea, it was about time that Excepcion13 was forum hopping! LOL.

Oh yea, brick wall was just installed. LOL. I think its good for -25 RWHP depending on reinforement.
Old 01-15-2006, 04:20 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

so the ti is a good cai then huh? it looked good 2 me and i think i might get that when i finally have the money for it ... and the tuner, lol...
Old 01-15-2006, 05:04 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

First post in here Exception... welcome!!

Quick Reply: Dyno Results: Tunable Induction CAI