MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   asking fellow 6ers there opinions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/90955-asking-fellow-6ers-there-opinions.html)

gabeh1018 01-26-2006 02:01 PM

asking fellow 6ers there opinions

ok i have a V6, which everyone is aware of... i even recently put the 4.0 emblems on my car so there is no confusion about what size engine is in the car.... but im sick and tired of going places and ppl being "nice car bro" is it a 6 or an 8. Of course my response is 6, then its followed by why didnt you get the GT. After about the 200th time i stopped responding, but for many of us... i am 21 yrs old and live in the NJ, which is the highest state for car insurance. So 5 g's a year is a hefty amount for me... i go to school fulltime and work fulltime, and i even paid for the car out of my own pocket..... its just insulting that you put your all your energy to getting this car and ppl are so quick to turn their shoulder...

just my 2 cents.. this just happened as i was walking into work.... which is why i thought i would write about it

good day

CainMotorsports2102 01-26-2006 02:05 PM

RE: asking fellow 6ers there opinions

I get the same thing dude. Im 19, go to school full time, have a 55+ hour a week job and I pay for my own everything. Then people ridicule me over my car choice. I dont care anymore though, cause the people who ask me why i didnt get the GT, dont have anything to be too proud of anyway. Brush your shoulders off dude, its all good!

gabeh1018 01-26-2006 02:09 PM

nice wheels.... yeah i mean its been almost a year now since ive had the vehicle... but the car sure does turn heads for being a low costing car..... ford definitely did something right for once... except the computer in the car sucks.. also----come on 210 hp out of a 4.0 L engine.. when like ricers that are 6s are putting out 265 hp..... regardless with a few mods hitting like 260 or 270 at the "crank" is possible

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 02:26 PM

I get the same thing all the time and it usually by people that drive like pintos....lol. And for all the ricer v6s that put out "more then us" half of the time they dont reach there maximum hp in the power band until like almost 7000 rpms so it kind of evens out. The only thing that i dont like about our cars is that they are so heavy these things are like tanks with a pony on the front.

Oh yea i am also 18 just entered the army reserves and trying to go to school too...so im struggling as it is trying to pay for insurance, car payments, and other bills along with that too.

noir 01-26-2006 02:33 PM

19, go to school full time and work 30 hours a week. I get the same thing... Just tell them its almost as fast as the old GT's.

stangdaddydc 01-26-2006 02:52 PM

YOU YOUNG MEN SHOULD BE PROUD TO DRIVE A STANG NO MATTER WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT HAS AND TELL THOSE PEOPLE AT LEAST I HAVE A STANG. ALL STANGS ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN AND DON'T FORGET THAT. YOU ARE DRIVING A AMERICAN CLASSIC. I WAS IN THE 10 GRADE IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. GOT MY FIRST STANG IN 1968 WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, IT COST BRAND NEW 1,900.00. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. STAY IN SCHOOL BOYS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY STANGS IN THE FUTURE.

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: stangdaddydc

YOU YOUNG MEN SHOULD BE PROUD TO DRIVE A STANG NO MATTER WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT HAS AND TELL THOSE PEOPLE AT LEAST I HAVE A STANG. ALL STANGS ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN AND DON'T FORGET THAT. YOU ARE DRIVING A AMERICAN CLASSIC. I WAS IN THE 10 GRADE IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. GOT MY FIRST STANG IN 1968 WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, IT COST BRAND NEW 1,900.00. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. STAY IN SCHOOL BOYS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY STANGS IN THE FUTURE.
Now thats words or encourgement for you!!!!!

hamidlmt 01-26-2006 03:19 PM

Proudly tell 'em you've got a 4.0L and walk away... let them figure it out for themselves.

JMAL 01-26-2006 03:20 PM

dude i just got my mustang on the 19th of january as my first car i have been working since i was 14 for one of these things and now i get **** for geting a 6 dude when people ask why did u get the GT tell them u didnt have the 30k for the car plus 9k in insurence i used to live in NJ my brothers truck insurence there was crazy, if stupid people would stop and look at whose driving the mustang its us kids aged 16-28 most likley drivng them and honestly i dont know many 21 year olds who pay for all of the stuff like u do dude so props to u cause u have the car u want and your doin it on your own

bigishdaking 01-26-2006 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: JMAL

dude i just got my mustang on the 19th of january as my first car i have been working since i was 14 for one of these things and now i get **** for geting a 6 dude when people ask why did u get the GT tell them u didnt have the 30k for the car plus 9k in insurence i used to live in NJ my brothers truck insurence there was crazy, if stupid people would stop and look at whose driving the mustang its us kids aged 16-28 most likley drivng them and honestly i dont know many 21 year olds who pay for all of the stuff like u do dude so props to u cause u have the car u want and your doin it on your own
i feel ya on that cuz i bought my car when i was 17 i have a good goverment job...and when i was in highschool people used to tell me that i was spoiled and that i should be happy cuz my parents bought me my car..they didnt know sh*t..i work 6 days a week to pay for my car and insurance..so when they ask why you didnt get they GT ask them the same thing