MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   asking fellow 6ers there opinions (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/90955-asking-fellow-6ers-there-opinions.html)

gabeh1018 01-26-2006 02:01 PM

asking fellow 6ers there opinions

ok i have a V6, which everyone is aware of... i even recently put the 4.0 emblems on my car so there is no confusion about what size engine is in the car.... but im sick and tired of going places and ppl being "nice car bro" is it a 6 or an 8. Of course my response is 6, then its followed by why didnt you get the GT. After about the 200th time i stopped responding, but for many of us... i am 21 yrs old and live in the NJ, which is the highest state for car insurance. So 5 g's a year is a hefty amount for me... i go to school fulltime and work fulltime, and i even paid for the car out of my own pocket..... its just insulting that you put your all your energy to getting this car and ppl are so quick to turn their shoulder...

just my 2 cents.. this just happened as i was walking into work.... which is why i thought i would write about it

good day

CainMotorsports2102 01-26-2006 02:05 PM

RE: asking fellow 6ers there opinions

I get the same thing dude. Im 19, go to school full time, have a 55+ hour a week job and I pay for my own everything. Then people ridicule me over my car choice. I dont care anymore though, cause the people who ask me why i didnt get the GT, dont have anything to be too proud of anyway. Brush your shoulders off dude, its all good!

gabeh1018 01-26-2006 02:09 PM

nice wheels.... yeah i mean its been almost a year now since ive had the vehicle... but the car sure does turn heads for being a low costing car..... ford definitely did something right for once... except the computer in the car sucks.. also----come on 210 hp out of a 4.0 L engine.. when like ricers that are 6s are putting out 265 hp..... regardless with a few mods hitting like 260 or 270 at the "crank" is possible

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 02:26 PM

I get the same thing all the time and it usually by people that drive like pintos....lol. And for all the ricer v6s that put out "more then us" half of the time they dont reach there maximum hp in the power band until like almost 7000 rpms so it kind of evens out. The only thing that i dont like about our cars is that they are so heavy these things are like tanks with a pony on the front.

Oh yea i am also 18 just entered the army reserves and trying to go to school too...so im struggling as it is trying to pay for insurance, car payments, and other bills along with that too.

noir 01-26-2006 02:33 PM

19, go to school full time and work 30 hours a week. I get the same thing... Just tell them its almost as fast as the old GT's.

stangdaddydc 01-26-2006 02:52 PM

YOU YOUNG MEN SHOULD BE PROUD TO DRIVE A STANG NO MATTER WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT HAS AND TELL THOSE PEOPLE AT LEAST I HAVE A STANG. ALL STANGS ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN AND DON'T FORGET THAT. YOU ARE DRIVING A AMERICAN CLASSIC. I WAS IN THE 10 GRADE IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. GOT MY FIRST STANG IN 1968 WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, IT COST BRAND NEW 1,900.00. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. STAY IN SCHOOL BOYS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY STANGS IN THE FUTURE.

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: stangdaddydc

YOU YOUNG MEN SHOULD BE PROUD TO DRIVE A STANG NO MATTER WHAT SIZE ENGINE IT HAS AND TELL THOSE PEOPLE AT LEAST I HAVE A STANG. ALL STANGS ARE GREAT YOUNG MEN AND DON'T FORGET THAT. YOU ARE DRIVING A AMERICAN CLASSIC. I WAS IN THE 10 GRADE IN HIGH SCHOOL WHEN THEY FIRST CAME OUT. GOT MY FIRST STANG IN 1968 WHEN I WAS IN THE ARMY, IT COST BRAND NEW 1,900.00. THOSE WERE THE GOOD OLD DAYS. STAY IN SCHOOL BOYS AND MAY YOU HAVE MANY STANGS IN THE FUTURE.
Now thats words or encourgement for you!!!!!

hamidlmt 01-26-2006 03:19 PM

Proudly tell 'em you've got a 4.0L and walk away... let them figure it out for themselves.

JMAL 01-26-2006 03:20 PM

dude i just got my mustang on the 19th of january as my first car i have been working since i was 14 for one of these things and now i get **** for geting a 6 dude when people ask why did u get the GT tell them u didnt have the 30k for the car plus 9k in insurence i used to live in NJ my brothers truck insurence there was crazy, if stupid people would stop and look at whose driving the mustang its us kids aged 16-28 most likley drivng them and honestly i dont know many 21 year olds who pay for all of the stuff like u do dude so props to u cause u have the car u want and your doin it on your own

bigishdaking 01-26-2006 03:40 PM

ORIGINAL: JMAL

dude i just got my mustang on the 19th of january as my first car i have been working since i was 14 for one of these things and now i get **** for geting a 6 dude when people ask why did u get the GT tell them u didnt have the 30k for the car plus 9k in insurence i used to live in NJ my brothers truck insurence there was crazy, if stupid people would stop and look at whose driving the mustang its us kids aged 16-28 most likley drivng them and honestly i dont know many 21 year olds who pay for all of the stuff like u do dude so props to u cause u have the car u want and your doin it on your own
i feel ya on that cuz i bought my car when i was 17 i have a good goverment job...and when i was in highschool people used to tell me that i was spoiled and that i should be happy cuz my parents bought me my car..they didnt know sh*t..i work 6 days a week to pay for my car and insurance..so when they ask why you didnt get they GT ask them the same thing

StupidTodd 01-26-2006 03:43 PM

When people ask me the "Why didn't you get a GT?" question, I'm fond of a responce that goes something like "Because that would have been too easy, anyone can take a 300HP GT mod it and get into the 12s, 11s, or even 10s, it takes a lot more skill/patients to do it with the 4.0".

I'm not trying to bash GT owners, I just viewed the GT as taking the easy way out. I test drove the GT, and in the end it was CHEAPER than my V6. (I got the 'vert the DAY it became available to the public, so I got nailed over sticker, who cares)

I liked the GT, but wanted the extra challenge of the V6 (and I wanted the 'vert). I could have waited for the GT 'vert to become available (they didn't start producing the GT vert until a couple weeks after the V6 vert), but I'm impatient.

gabeh1018 01-26-2006 03:44 PM

yea atleast we have a nice car as opposed to fart canned, riced out hondas, jettas, VW. .... its like a colony here in jersey.. everywhere you go your surrounded in rice.. its like im in a different world over here

Hambone 01-26-2006 04:33 PM

ORIGINAL: gabeh1018

its like im in a different world over here
You are [8D]

Hey, I'm an old man (42) and I get the same questions....my answer is "because I wanted this one." Hehe...if I was your age, I'd more than likely ask them "where is your GT?"

mustangman02232 01-26-2006 04:42 PM

is what you do is you do alot of bolt-ons and some 4.10s and you can say cause a GT cant keep up with me:eek:, or atleast the SN-95 (94-04) GTs cant

SPARTAN VI 01-26-2006 04:58 PM

I get that damn question every time someone sees "Epona."

Like CainMS, I'm also 19 working part-time 30 hours a week and also a full time student. My insurance is high enough as is with the V6 (about $250-$270 a month), getting a GT would've hiked my rates into the $300's a month and car payments into ~$500 a month.

Price wasn't entirely the reason I didn't go for a GT, though. I figured, if I got a GT now, what would I have to live for? :D All these kids at my old high school are rolling in with Porsches, Benzes, Beamers, and the like. It's a rich neighborhood, yeah... but if I had the latest and the greatest now, I'd have nothing to work for. Sure there will be newer and faster cars, but I'd like that to come with age. Just me.

And that's very true about the people that ask these questions. 90% of the time they're standing in front of their busted Civic, nasty pick-up, or hand-me-down minivan. :D

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 05:21 PM

i get the older guys in the minivans the most....lol. I just laugh and walk away:D

TJ 01-26-2006 05:46 PM

I would just say hey the GT runs low 14's high 13's stock, V6 runs high 14's low 15's just didn't feel it was worth another $5,000.00 and higher ins for just a second or so faster car. ;)

RedAlertlb 01-26-2006 06:11 PM

ORIGINAL: TJ

I would just say hey the GT runs low 14's high 13's stock, V6 runs high 14's low 15's just didn't feel it was worth another $5,000.00 and higher ins for just a second or so faster car. ;)
I never really thought of it that way

SPARTAN VI 01-26-2006 06:15 PM

Little addition to my previous post. When I tell them about the cost difference, the GT would've set me back over $4,000 and about $100 more in insurance, they ALWAYS go, "Well, since your a parttime employee and fulltime student... why didnt you buy a used Civic or something?" [:@]

"Because I didn't want a preowned Civic you dumb fuk." [>:]

Traken 01-26-2006 06:23 PM

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Little addition to my previous post. When I tell them about the cost difference, the GT would've set me back over $4,000 and about $100 more in insurance, they ALWAYS go, "Well, since your a parttime employee and fulltime student... why didnt you buy a used Civic or something?" [:@]
Haha. I'd have to go with, "Because then I'd be driving a Civic. No man deserves that." ;)

LesteR723 01-26-2006 06:26 PM

ok i have a V6, which everyone is aware of... i even recently put the 4.0 emblems on my car so there is no confusion about what size engine is in the car.... but im sick and tired of going places and ppl being "nice car bro" is it a 6 or an 8. Of course my response is 6, then its followed by why didnt you get the GT. After about the 200th time i stopped responding, but for many of us... i am 21 yrs old and live in the NJ, which is the highest state for car insurance. So 5 g's a year is a hefty amount for me... i go to school fulltime and work fulltime, and i even paid for the car out of my own pocket..... its just insulting that you put your all your energy to getting this car and ppl are so quick to turn their shoulder...

just my 2 cents.. this just happened as i was walking into work.... which is why i thought i would write about it

good day
man same thing happens to me just about every day and i'm paying out of my own pocket as well and i'm only 16. As you can imagine i work all the time at 2 jobs... and i stlil get that bull**** >_<

anyway how much do you think they'd get a 16 year old for their first car being a BRAND spanking new 2 door "sporty" muscle car with a v8 in it? i think they'd just about rape me up the ass

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: stangdaddydc

Well Said!!!!!!!

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 06:29 PM

yea atleast we have a nice car as opposed to fart canned, riced out hondas, jettas, VW. .... its like a colony here in jersey.. everywhere you go your surrounded in rice.. its like im in a different world over here
Right on!!!

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 06:30 PM

Very good point TJ.

chidrock 01-26-2006 06:31 PM

I hate getting that question, but I live in NJ too so my answer is pretty simple: insurance & gas. Then the light shines in their eyes and they understand why it wouldn't really be practical for me to have the GT. I think that the V6's are just underrated...aren't they as fast as a lot of the older GTs (including the some more recent ones)? Sorry, I've never really had the chance to get into cars before, so forgive me if I'm wrong.

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 06:39 PM

My last stang was a 93 5.0, HP was we are in the same class. TQ wise my 5.0 was a monster, but I finally surpassed it with the bottle. From what I can tell, in my area DC/VA, there are only two performance 05+ V6's, mine and Excepcion13's and modded these cares are nothing to laugh at. People ask me all the time, at the mustang club, car shows and at Excessive Motorsports where I take my car.

I just play it off, I'm usually like, yea, I got the lowly V6. Then I will ask, what are you running? They will often say one of two things, a late model GT (not an 05, pre 04) or a non-stang. Then I start rattling off my dyno numbers and thier eyes go wider and wider. Plus recently, thier eyes really go wide when they see the huge ass purple bottle in the trunk.

Whats really cool was the time my mechanic was tuning my girl, and this other customer that had one of the early SN95's was like, thats a 6. He was like yea, and she was like, well my car is faster. Chris was like, nope, sorry, not faster than this car. She was like yes it is, I have an 8 and he was like, I tuned your car, dyno'd it, trust me, this is a faster f*&king car. LOL.

I'm sure Scrming has some really cool stories to share on this one.

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 06:43 PM

ORIGINAL: chidrock

I hate getting that question, but I live in NJ too so my answer is pretty simple: insurance & gas. Then the light shines in their eyes and they understand why it wouldn't really be practical for me to have the GT. I think that the V6's are just underrated...aren't they as fast as a lot of the older GTs (including the some more recent ones)? Sorry, I've never really had the chance to get into cars before, so forgive me if I'm wrong.
Yes, we are in the same class as the GT on the fox platform all the way up to 1998, however, watch out for thier TQ cause that is where they can get the new 6. And, the new 6 stock 1/4 time is quite impressive when you compare it to the GT's over the past decade and a half. I've seen GT owners that fall in the range I mentioned and they get pissy sometimes about the new 6. Now, 1999 and after, you are talking 260 HP at the flywheel, but we can catch up to those too....at least stock.

Man I can't wait till Feb 3rd, when I get my Zex 100HP shot and a N20 tune from Chris at excessive. I will be posting numbers on that day. LOL>

hamidlmt 01-26-2006 07:04 PM

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Whats really cool was the time my mechanic was tuning my girl, and this other customer that had one of the early SN95's was like, thats a 6. He was like yea, and she was like, well my car is faster. Chris was like, nope, sorry, not faster than this car. She was like yes it is, I have an 8 and he was like, I tuned your car, dyno'd it, trust me, this is a faster f*&king car. LOL.

Just love that story! [sm=smiley20.gif]

TJ 01-26-2006 07:14 PM

hamidlmt
Just love that story!
+1
Same here I heard it before but I enjoyed reading it again:D

TJ 01-26-2006 07:47 PM

I would just say hey the GT runs low 14's high 13's stock, V6 runs high 14's low 15's just didn't feel it was worth another $5,000.00 and higher ins for just a second or so faster car.

RedAlertlb

I never really thought of it that way

Responses from the above quote have been from memory, that V6 is that fast, come on your joking, I didn't think the V6 was that close to the GT etc.

ricklmesa@cox.net 01-26-2006 08:12 PM

I hate when people tell me why didn't you get the 8? Or they'll be like "its a nice car but I would have got the eight" and people with V8 trucks usually say that one. I tell them first off a V8 in a truck aint ish. Trucks normally have V8's ( u need to haul) but once you put that V8 into a car that really has no use for such power & Torque other than just to go fast there gunna tax that butt. There aint no V8 in a car that start's at 22,000 25,000. Meybe a cadillac or a chrystler 300 or a magnum ( & I don't even know if those do I know the chargers dont). Basically there aint no car thats 260 hp AT THE WHEEL for that price and there never will be. Look at those Evo's aren't those like 30,000 just like Subaru STI's and those are 4 bangers!! They just got the HP and you aint gettin that HP in a car unless you xan afford to pay. Like I always say "you wanna play big ya gunna pay big" I tell them straight up I'd love to have the V8 but I can't get approved for 35,000 -38,000 loan lol can you? If so go get one I would. lol Then I tell them I could'nt afford the insurance on one anyway cause of my DUI.

People don't really understand how much a V8 in a car actually is. Or if they do they just like to make them selves feel better by hearing that we can't afford it too lol.

retrosix 01-26-2006 08:50 PM

i just tell them what they can go do with their insignificant genitals.

I'm an 18 year old full time student too, the insurance would have been over 5 gs a year here in Los Angeles. I'll pass on that excitement. It would have been kick ass to get the 8, but to be completely honest - it's not even worth it. I drove the 8 and the difference is minimal - no bs. There is still a delay in power delivery - its just a little more intense when it kicks in than the 6 is. That 5.3 0-60 time is BS. It's closer to 5.9 - which is only about a second faster than the 6. and the gas milegae must be fuct.

I've driven some pretty fast cars (CL 600, wrx, custom 330ci) and i don't feel like my 4.0 six is sluggish at all.

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 08:56 PM

ORIGINAL: retrosix

i just tell them what they can go do with their insignificant genitals
Now thats funny!

Jimp 01-26-2006 09:22 PM

What kills me is that my friends would say, "dude, you got a six?". I'd ask them what they drove, "a Toyota Tercel". Ok buddy, until you have something better, shut it. They usually do.

GT05 01-26-2006 09:35 PM

I got the GT for the price of the 6... You've got to have connections in this world. Why settle for less? Honestly, if I had the V6, I would be proud to have it. I would turbo it (none of this "GT Grill in a V6 and dual exhaust" ****). Then go out, and give the V6 a good name. Instead of looking like a GT and NOT BEING ABLE TO BACK IT UP.

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 09:52 PM

ORIGINAL: GT05

I got the GT for the price of the 6... You've got to have connections in this world. Why settle for less? Honestly, if I had the V6, I would be proud to have it. I would turbo it (none of this "GT Grill in a V6 and dual exhaust" ****). Then go out, and give the V6 a good name. Instead of looking like a GT and NOT BEING ABLE TO BACK IT UP.
I wish I had the connections, but it was more on the insurance side. My insurance company quoted me more than 100+ a month on the GT on top of what I was already paying. And to top it off, when I bought the 6, the GT was a 8K markup, I don't think so. On the fogs, I think its ok for 6's to get fogs, hell there is the pony package, oviously Ford was listening to its customers. And most people, really don't know the difference.

See your post started out good, so you are improving, but this all caps thing at the end and backing it up. What do you have to prove, then having an accord as your sig and still not putting any posts in the GT section, someone clearly has issues!

People can make their car thier own. If someone thinks that my car is a GT after looking at the pony emblems and the 4.0 on the rear, then it really dosent matter at that point cause they don't know anything about mustangs.

At the same time, if it is your opinion about the fogs then fine, I can respect that, but for some reason, you can't resist taking it an extra notch and pissing everyone off. To each his/her own I guess.

Besides, I like the challenge of making a 6 fast. Kinda how the ricers feel I guess. Hey, are those headlights on your accord good for 10 RWHP. LOL.

By the way, I can back it up.

Jimp 01-26-2006 09:53 PM

If I had a GT I wouldn't hang out in a V6 forum all the time. Get a life moron.

rygenstormlocke 01-26-2006 09:55 PM

ORIGINAL: Jimp

If I had a GT I wouldn't hang out in a V6 forum all the time. Get a life moron.
Right on Jimp!!! You seem to always chime in at the right time, and with those great one liners. You wouldn't happen to own the directors cut of amry of darkness? LOL.

Jimp 01-26-2006 09:58 PM

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke
Right on Jimp!!! You seem to always chime in at the right time, and with those great one liners. You wouldn't happen to own the directors cut of amry of darkness? LOL.
LOL! THIS....IS MY BOOMSTICK!!!

GT05 01-26-2006 09:59 PM

Woah, Woah, Woah... Take it easy buddy. The GT ET 1/4 you have is in an automatic. With the 5 speed stick, it runs mid 13's (13.6 to be exact. V6 = 15.4). You'll spend $2-4K to make the V6 go that fast. Sorry to bust your nuts, I'll see if I can get you a time slip. Some of your excuses are kinda lame, sorry.