Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

am I unusual?

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2006, 05:43 PM
wmscottmc
1st Gear Member

Default am I unusual?

so Ive had my V6 for about a month now, and have no complaints at all. No problems, and I like everything about it. I have no desire to replace the wheels, or grill, or paintjob, or suspension, or spoiler, or Shaker 500, or headers, or anything. I think the design is great the way that it is. From reading this forum I can tell that I am in the minority here, but for what its worth - this is a great car the way that it is! Maybe Im just one of the lucky few, but I kind of expected many problems, based on what Ive read here.

Am I unusual, or are most buyers completely satisified with their Mustang?

Old 01-30-2006, 05:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: am I unusual?

ORIGINAL: wmscottmc

so Ive had my V6 for about a month now, and have no complaints at all. No problems, and I like everything about it. I have no desire to replace the wheels, or grill, or paintjob, or suspension, or spoiler, or Shaker 500, or headers, or anything. I think the design is great the way that it is. From reading this forum I can tell that I am in the minority here, but for what its worth - this is a great car the way that it is! Maybe Im just one of the lucky few, but I kind of expected many problems, based on what Ive read here.

You are not unusal at all, and its nice ot hear! But keep in mind most people on these forums that post all these how tos, customizing and what nots are stang fanantics. I myself am one, and love customizing and I know many here do as well. And once you get one performance mod, it is down hill from there.

Welcome to the forum!!!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:04 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

I agree, theres nothing wrong with being stock, but its all the mods and dress up stuff that makes your car unique. All people are different...why not cars too? Dont get me wrong, the mustang is a fantastic car from the factory!
Old 01-30-2006, 07:53 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

You're not unusual. The new Stang is a great car - stock or modified. Don't be ashamed to keep your car stock. With so many being modded, in 20 years yours will be a stand-out for being stock. Glad to hear you've enjoyed your Stang.
Old 01-30-2006, 08:42 PM
BigFloppy
2nd Gear Member

If you can keep it stock... do so BUT once if you ever get to try a stang with a tuner applied to it, you'll be hooked especialy with the extra responsiveness of it.

I've kept one of my cars "stock" (apart from the aftermarket fog lights that can be removed at any time), she's only just started realizing a price increase because she's 25 years old

http://www.mercurycapri.com/showroom...i/andys81.html

Old 01-30-2006, 08:51 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

i love the looks of the car as well.... thats why i got it, lol but there is something about modding it to make it unlike any other one on the streets thats why its appealing to me.

I dunno, there are other reasons but its nice to have something that looks different then your conventional 05+ v6? lol

and lol, wonder when my 86 SVO is gonna start realizing a price increase i love that car.

[IMG]local://upfiles/25998/F9320920C56E443D8284B9B225355DAF.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25998/A1992CCEBEDF411A970FC358C4FE02B2.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25998/40CF618B398E4026A5771FCB08B51308.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25998/85BD2C42AF8C4FBFB18E40494A82D823.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/25998/A5A1F41B9F274C78A9B31788F7C9BFA4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 01-30-2006, 08:54 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

i love the looks of the car as well.... thats why i got it, lol but there is something about modding it to make it unlike any other one on the streets thats why its appealing to me.

I dunno, there are other reasons but its nice to have something that looks different then your conventional 05+ v6? lol

and lol, wonder when my 86 SVO is gonna start realizing a price increase i love that car.
Yep, I'm with ya there. I'm the only kid on my block with a black stang, red racing stripes and a big *** wing. LOL.
Old 01-30-2006, 10:36 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i dont think your unusual... i find the car to be great as is also, but i just want to do what the other said... "make it mine"- do some simple mods to make it stand out of a crowd as my own car- like no one elses. The people unsatisfied are those who are going to gut the car and make it basically a track car- a frame, enigine, and steel. i prefer "light" mods
Old 01-30-2006, 10:58 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

IMO, don't start. Keep it stock. Mods are like tatoos, once you start you won't want to stop. You can't stop at one. It is like a money pit. IMHO!!!
Old 01-31-2006, 12:34 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wmscottmc

Freak!

Quick Reply: am I unusual?