Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

performance question

Old 02-19-2006, 06:04 PM
goldenwarrior

Default performance question

Iknow we just had the thread about jba or exaust. I personnally dont care too much about sound but more interested in the performance. Dont get me wrong, a nice deep sound is nice, but aren't most of us interested in going faster? Which system gives the better dyno? I know everyone made some comment about the MRT but that is just an axel back. Does that system give more of a gain the magnaflow cat-back. Please clue me in a little.
Old 02-19-2006, 06:35 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: performance question

ORIGINAL: goldenwarrior

Iknow we just had the thread about jba or exaust. I personnally dont care too much about sound but more interested in the performance. Dont get me wrong, a nice deep sound is nice, but aren't most of us interested in going faster? Which system gives the better dyno? I know everyone made some comment about the MRT but that is just an axel back. Does that system give more of a gain the magnaflow cat-back. Please clue me in a little.
I'm unaware that Magnaflow makes a single cat-back... ??? The MRT peformance gains over the Magnaflow single axle back was amazing!!! Not only on the dyno but on the street as well... it also made a big improvement in sound... As far a duals... there are a couple of guys trying out the MRTs in a dual configuration... so far very positive reports sound wise but no dynos... If I ever decide on duals I'll definitely be addeding a 2nd MRT!!! I know the science behind the aero-turbine muffler sounds a like a lot of hooey... but dang, after driving wiht one and seeing the dyno runs... I'm a firm believer!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:20 PM
goldenwarrior

I understand that magnaflow only has a single axel back, but I ment all systems weather its dull or single. I want the one with the biggest gain. Magnaflow does have a duel catback, correct?
Old 02-19-2006, 08:25 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I understand that magnaflow only has a single axel back, but I ment all systems weather its dull or single. I want the one with the biggest gain. Magnaflow does have a duel catback, correct?
So far, I think MRT has the biggest gain. Even with my recently installed X pipe, Scrming has me beat on NA by 3HP. This is simply unacceptable, by the time I switch out my magnaflow mufflers, that punk will up his shot to 125. I swear, every time I get close to you John, you find some little edge to keep me at bay. Just wait till track season baby. March 5th is not far!!!!

Seriously though, so far those MRT single mufflers are the best. Duals are nice, but do them for sound or looks. Going to duals on my car gave me like 2HP on the dyno and a fat bill from Excessive. LOL!!!!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
goldenwarrior

I guess thats just pittifull for magnaflow to have a catback system be beat by an axel back. Thank for the help.
Old 02-19-2006, 08:30 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

I would go with MRT single... At $225 I don't think you find a better deal!
Old 02-19-2006, 08:31 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

So far, I think MRT has the biggest gain. Even with my recently installed X pipe, Scrming has me beat on NA by 3HP. This is simply unacceptable, by the time I switch out my magnaflow mufflers, that punk will up his shot to 125. I swear, every time I get close to you John, you find some little edge to keep me at bay. Just wait till track season baby. March 5th is not far!!!!

Seriously though, so far those MRT single mufflers are the best. Duals are nice, but do them for sound or looks. Going to duals on my car gave me like 2HP on the dyno and a fat bill from Excessive. LOL!!!!

yeah... well now that I'm back to completely stock pulleys I'll have to do something!!!! LOL!
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I guess thats just pittifull for magnaflow to have a catback system be beat by an axel back. Thank for the help.
I don't think it's magnaflows fault, our cars NA just don't benefit from duals much.
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

lol, first off the exhaust doesn't effect the weather, well except for global warming. second the exhaust systems don't come in "dull" lol magnaflow makes an array of different configurations. Go over to their site then ask questions. magnaflow.com
Old 02-19-2006, 08:33 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

yeah... well now that I'm back to completely stock pulleys I'll have to do something!!!! LOL!
Call Paul and have him hook you up. By the way, Scott reccomends a different CAI than the C&L, you can read about it in this month's Modified Mustangs. LOL. I'm sure you talked to him about the CAI unit they carry?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: performance question