Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

exaust!? GRRRRRR

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2006, 03:38 AM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

Default exaust!? GRRRRRR

ok i want a deep sound but not the rice deep i always hear on the 6cyl mustangs im going to cut the pipes short and run turndowns befor the rear so what would be my best bet? i know im not going to get the sound of my 302 66' with hpipe 40 flowmasters but i want to get close....let me know
Old 02-22-2006, 03:49 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: exaust!? GRRRRRR

what rice sound do you hear on a 4.0 stang? I have yet to hear one....in fact, the stock exaust emmits a pretty ferocious sound on its own.
Old 02-22-2006, 04:29 AM
Volcom66
2nd Gear Member

well nobody around where i live has 05 or 06 but my some of my friends have 04 and they sound like rices...high pitch sound, despite the fact they are flowmasters...is the 05 same way
Old 02-22-2006, 07:30 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

what rice sound do you hear on a 4.0 stang? I have yet to hear one....in fact, the stock exaust emmits a pretty ferocious sound on its own.
OMG... you're kidding, right??? The stock muffler on our car is horrid... You can hard tell the car is running at idle.... if you think our cars with the stock muffler is ferocious than you need to go for a ride in my car! LOL!

Old 02-22-2006, 08:52 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

The '05/ '06 is tricky, if you open the exhaust up too much it's a loud rice-fest. Open it up a little bit and it sounds nice and mellow. But you're not going to get close to the sound of a 302 with modded exhaust.
Old 02-22-2006, 09:01 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

OMG... you're kidding, right??? The stock muffler on our car is horrid... You can hard tell the car is running at idle.... if you think our cars with the stock muffler is ferocious than you need to go for a ride in my car! LOL!

how loud is yours? because i am looking to get a new axle back, but i really do not want something that is considered "loud" i am looking for like 115% of what the car is already giving (i dont meant 115% more, i mean 15%)
pretty much i do not want people who are also on the road to hear my car unless they are pretty close beside or behing me with their windows down
Old 02-22-2006, 09:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

ORIGINAL: scrming

how loud is yours? because i am looking to get a new axle back, but i really do not want something that is considered "loud" i am looking for like 115% of what the car is already giving (i dont meant 115% more, i mean 15%)
pretty much i do not want people who are also on the road to hear my car unless they are pretty close beside or behing me with their windows down
The MRT is fairly loud... It will definitley turn heads! LOL! And the performance is nothing short of amazing... LOL
Old 02-22-2006, 09:24 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc
Sounds like a single GT take off muffler would do just what you want! Ask around...should get one cheap, or maybe free from a local fellow Stanger!
Old 02-23-2006, 12:54 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

+1 on the stock GT muffler. It's maybe 25% louder than stock and will give your car a much deeper and throatier sound. It's perfect for those that want to hear the car a little more but don't want it to be loud.
Old 02-23-2006, 12:58 AM
noir
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, dont do the flowmasters if you dont want loud. I have the 40's with an H and they scream when you get on it. Sound really good though, best iv heard other then the MRT's.

Quick Reply: exaust!? GRRRRRR