Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Parts on order...

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2006, 05:02 PM
too_sick_for_you

Default Parts on order...

I think this should smoke any stock Mustang GT out there. I should get a minimum of 375hp at the crank with my new parts. I was debating about not lowering it and keeping "STOCK IN APPEARANCE" but I want it to handle as well has have some grunt. Is there anything I am missing besides the guages?

JBA 4.0L V6 Evolâ„¢ Aluminized 2.5" True Dual Exhaust with H-pipe and 3" tips
MOTOLUEâ„¢ 25% Under-drive Pulley
HELIX Power Tower Plus Throttle Body Spacer
Pro Charger Stage II 10psi Intercooled Supercharger System w/ DiabloSport Programmer
MOTOBLUEâ„¢ BILLET LOWER CONTROL ARMS
Eibach Sportline springs
Ford Racing Posi-Traction (Traction Lok) 7.5" Differential, 28-tooth spline
7.5" Gear Set 3.73 ratio

Old 02-24-2006, 06:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Parts on order...

Looks good, just a few questions, as follows:

I havent heard of that motoblue pulley? Got a link? I'm running the PHP Alt. Pulley and have been happy with it. On the Helix, I would be suprised if you saw a 1 or 2hp gain, the last tb spacer dyno'd showed no gain. There is a new TB out for our cars that may give a decent increase, blowby racing has it. They should be providing independant dyno resulsts next week.

The procharger is a nice unit, but there are a ton of quality issues with it. You may want to wait for mikes turbo or go vortech. The canned tune from procharger dosent work. PM belial on themustangsource, he has it and he had a slew of issues. If you are new to TC/SC's then this is not the kit for you.

For a list of all power adders for our cars, go here:

http://american-speed.com/collective...hread.php?t=17

Is your car a auto, if so the Diablo sucks on autos, can't firm up the shifts with it. I used to have it and my TQ curve was all screwry. For autos XCAL2 is the best. Have you considered lower control arms, they will eliminate wheel hop, especially since you are going the blown route.

Good luck, keep us posted.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:34 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Heres the latest on the ProCharger, you may want to read it before you buy it:

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....opic=40050&hl=

and this one

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index....&hl=procharger

Old 02-24-2006, 10:30 PM
too_sick_for_you

Thanks for the heads up! I see that these posts are from early December 05. I am going to call them in the morning and verify that these issues have been wrinkled out.
As far as the XCAL2 is concerned, you are correct, I am going to have to use that one instead due to the auto tranny, another good heads up. I wonder if the lower control arms off the GT will suffice? If not there is always STEEDA.
Here is a link to the MOTOBLUE pully http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6up.htm

Old 02-24-2006, 10:40 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: too_sick_for_you

Thanks for the heads up! I see that these posts are from early December 05. I am going to call them in the morning and verify that these issues have been wrinkled out.
As far as the XCAL2 is concerned, you are correct, I am going to have to use that one instead due to the auto tranny, another good heads up. I wonder if the lower control arms off the GT will suffice? If not there is always STEEDA.
Here is a link to the MOTOBLUE pully http://www.rpmoutlet.com/05v6up.htm

I wouldn't go with the GT lower control arms, a good after market set is between 140 and 150. These are what I got:

http://powerhouse411.com/catalog/ind...&products_id=1

Old 07-27-2006, 11:22 AM
silver05gt1
1st Gear Member

Hey too sick, you probably don't want to put an underive pulley on if you are going to supercharge the car. From what I have read it will slow down the speed of blower and in essence lower the boost so your 10psi will be more like 8psi. I am not sure if anybody had told you that before.
Old 07-27-2006, 04:27 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

It definetely puts some more stress on the engine but if that doesnt affect you i would add an NX Ntercooler its like a 50shot but for cars with blowers definetely good add but i would wait and see if you have problems with your procharger i didnt have any but alot of people get leaks and stuff so the NX would just add to it if you have problems
Old 07-27-2006, 05:04 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

Can you put a price tag on those parts? I'd really like to know how much people are spending on their mods.