Vendor For Sale / Group Buy Classifieds Single Items & Group Buys - Authorized MustangForums.com Vendors Only!

Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Foglight & Taillight Covers - from $17.95!

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2005, 10:14 AM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

Default Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Foglight & Taillight Covers - from $17.95!

Smoked & Tinted Vinyl Headlight, Foglight & Taillight Covers

Free shipping to Mustang Forums members - limited time only! All Items are in stock and ready to go at Park Cities Performance Center.

Four colors to choose: Smoke, Stealth (Dark) Smoke, HID Blue and GT Yellow.

Prices start at only $17.95 for Fog Lights & Signal Lights, $49.95 for Headlights and Taillights.

All light kits are sold separately, so you are free to mix and match. Want HID Blue covers for the headlights and GT Yellow covers for your fogs? Not a problem!

These are highest quality 17 mil adhesive vinyl covers to fit Mustangs from 1987 to the present. Installation is easy using included instructions.

We just outfitted a local dealership's entire Mustang inventory with our covers. Check out the pix below or see them all here.

Find your Headlight covers here.
Find your Foglight covers here.
Find your Taillight covers here.
Find your Signal Light covers here.

HID Blue
HID Blue transparent protective lens covers are designed to give you the modern high intensity density (HID) lighting appearance, but without the cost. They are specially tinted to blend with halogen bulbs and produce a bright white beam pattern. If you already have HIDs these will enhance the look even further!

GT Yellow
GT Yellow transparent protective lens covers are the same covers that are used in sports car racing around the world, including the JGTC in Japan, the 24 Hours of LeMans, and GT and GTS racing here in the States. They add a distinctive look to your 'Stang while improving visibility in hazardous weather conditions like rain and fog.

Smoke
Smoked transparent protective lens covers are designed to give you the show car look. They allow you to go for the cool "Total Tints" look. They are manufactured from high performance adhesive-backed 17-mil softened PVC Vinyl (30% tint) and can provide years of service, while enhancing the look of your car. (Smoked headlights not recommended for nighttime driving).

Stealth Smoke
Stealth Smoked transparent protective lens covers are designed to give you the ultimate show car look. They allow you to go for the mean "Lord Vader Shuttle" look. They are manufactured from high performance adhesive-backed 17-mil softened PVC Vinyl (20% tint) and can provide years of service, while enhancing the look of your car. (Smoked headights not recommended for nighttime driving).

Both Smoke versions are intended for show use / daytime racing / daytime driving when used on headlights or fog lights. Check your local laws before installing on road going vehicles as they may or may not be legal on your primary lighting in your State.
Old 04-30-2005, 04:04 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

Default RE: Smoked & Tinted Vinyl Headlight, Foglight & Taillight Covers

How do they stand up to scratching and the abuse of washing regularly? Any issues with fading?
Old 04-30-2005, 06:36 PM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

Scratching - nada. Under normal use they do not scratch; it's the same thick smooth vinyl used to make clear bras.
Abuse of washing - nada. Unless you wash with caustic acids in your mitt (!) there is no special deterioration due to washing.
Fading? Nothing noticeable. They are good for years - even in the harsh sun like we have here in Texas.

A great cheap mod.
Old 04-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Jimmz
4th Gear Member

Is it just tint film that we have to apply? or is it a plastic cover? I am looking for some for my 2003 stang. I have seen some smoked covers that just cover the whole tailight and it looks ugly because it covers the grooves in the taillights and its just flat. Do these actual have the curves to fit the mold of the tailights? and is it easy installation? let me know thanks...
Old 04-30-2005, 08:13 PM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

This is pliable smoked or tinted vinyl that clings to the surface of the lens. Not the thick acrylic covers that sit on top the lens and look fakey the way glued-on fingernails do.

In the case of 'stangs each panel on the tailight is a separate strip of vinyl that adheres to the plastic lens section. Headlights are one piece. The whole process on Mustangs takes maybe only 30 minutes because the taillights and headlights both are basically flat. (Not like some of the bug-eyed rice burners we do. Curved lenses require a hairdryer to soften the vinyl and a lot more squeegee work. Still doable, though). Definitely a DIY mod. Installation instructions included.

Check out the large pix here: http://www.pcpcdallas.com/index.asp?...n=Custom&ID=34 (There's a Roush '04 at the bottom of the page).

Mustang factory tail lenses are a bright maraschino cherry red - so the difference when you apply one of our smoked lenses is quite dramatic.

You can order right off the website - it's a snap.
Old 05-03-2005, 08:56 AM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

How do they stand up to scratching and the abuse of washing regularly? Any issues with fading?
Our main man Greg read my original reply to your question about fading and responded with the following: "They are made from vinyl, so if you want them to stay new looking for years they should be protected just like any other vinyl item. Occasional wipedowns with 303 Aerospace Protectant or any other non-petroleum based vinyl protectant will work."

I stand corrected!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:15 AM
93StangLX
2nd Gear Member

Do you have them for a 93 stang,

And do can they be taken off easily of is it a pain( Can someone just walk pass your car and steal them)
Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 AM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 93StangLX

Do you have them for a 93 stang,

And do can they be taken off easily of is it a pain( Can someone just walk pass your car and steal them)
Yes, we've got Headlight, Foglight and Signal Lamp Covers for '93. Specifically:

Cobra
1987-1993 Headlamp, Signal Lamp and Fog Lamp (each sold separately)
GT
LX

Taillights don't appear on the list. Might be available as a special request - I would just have to ask.

Can someone walk by and steal them? Wow, never been asked that one before, but the answer is "No." I mean, you CAN peel them off fairly easily, but 1). You'd never know that to look at them (they appear to be tinted lenses and do not look like overlays ), 2). Once they are peeled off they are not reusable so there is no incentive to steal them. We've sold hundreds of sets and I've never heard of anyone having his stolen. And unless you purposely make the effort to remove them they will stay on for years and years.

You can find them HERE. Thanks for asking!
Old 05-04-2005, 02:23 PM
closer9
2nd Gear Member

What about the third brake light on an 04 GT?
Old 05-04-2005, 02:33 PM
tordiway
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: closer9

What about the third brake light on an 04 GT?
Ah, man, you're killing me. [sm=bustedsign.gif] I just checked the list (as I'm sure did you) and I don't see it. BUT, we get new additional templates quite often, so, give me an hour or two to see if I can find out if we have or can get the template for that, bueno?

Quick Reply: Smoked & Tinted Headlight, Foglight & Taillight Covers - from $17.95!