Virginia Regional Chapter Chapter President: BabyGT

VA Chapter Members List!

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 03:40 AM
BoomTown96
2nd Gear Member

Wheres the SN95 love?
Charles from Prince William County.
'96 Mustang Gt Deep Violet. Lots of our countrys history here. American flag or a skyline type thing of DC as someone mentioned would be cool.
Can I join your super cool club guys?
Old 07-18-2011, 08:09 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by BoomTown96
Wheres the SN95 love?
Charles from Prince William County.
'96 Mustang Gt Deep Violet. Lots of our countrys history here. American flag or a skyline type thing of DC as someone mentioned would be cool.
Can I join your super cool club guys?

Welcome Charles! Sure you can join our super cool awesome club. We went back and forth about a banner for a while and ended up with THESE

The bigger one is a sig replacement.

Be sure to check out the rest of the threads in the VA chapter section!
Old 07-19-2011, 09:25 PM
essayons
2nd Gear Member

Mike from Fredericksburg
'11 GT/CS
Old 11-07-2011, 05:42 PM
86beast

My name is Brian, Portsmouth Va and I'm kickin it a little old school with an 86 gt, lets get some more fox love here, when we all gettin together
Old 12-02-2011, 08:54 PM
Bullitt3828

My name is Larry. I just bought a 2008 Mustang Bullitt. It's been modded pretty heavily by the first owner. It's runnin a Whipple supercharger and lots more cool stuff. According to the dealer, it's putting out about 600hp. Anyway, I live in Arlington and I'd love to join your club.
Old 12-03-2011, 09:14 AM
ba1dwin

Doing an iPad install in my dash today. I finished the docking pan last night and modified my dash last weekend. Oh and it's removable but will sit flush. Took me a while to
Figure out how I could make it work and still look factory like the two guys on YouTube. Also it still utilizes the smart cover to cover it when you go into a store or something. I have been filming and taking pics of the install for YouTube. Took me a couple weeks to figure out how to safely wire everything but were all good now. Today is the rest of the dash mod and wiring and she should be looking sweet!
Old 12-03-2011, 02:23 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Welcome Brian and Larry! Those both sound like awesome rides.

ANY PICS BA1DWIN!!!?!?!? I saw those on youtube and thought about trying it. Got scared and just bought a touch screen Pioneer lol.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:07 AM
ba1dwin

So hit a few issues during the install. Had to slim the iPad pan down and do some more modding. Finally had the entire mock up finished last night and now everything lines up perfect. All I have left is the wiring which should only take me a few hours. Hopefully I can finish it next Sunday. If anyone is interested in putting one in your S197 I can give you some tips on what to do and not to do. Once finished I will post pics and put a video up. Here are a few pics:
http://s1091.photobucket.com/albums/i386/ba1dwin/
Old 12-07-2011, 07:06 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

That's awesome. What is the pan made from? It looks like fiberglassed wood but it's hard to tell from the pics. Post pics when you're done. That thing looks HUGE in the dash hahaha.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:35 AM
ba1dwin

Lol, yea it takes up a lot of most of the dash but I
Just had to move the ac controls down a bit. The pan is fiberglass I ordered from soundman car audio and then built the rails out of bulsa wood, then bondo and then paint. The pan is a ton of work since it was new for me to do. Last coats of paint tonight hopefully. After all that work I now know where to buy a complete dang cradle and I can just retro fit a 30pin connector on it for $40, way cheaper than my experience. I also took a bit more out of my dash then needed but it's ok because if I ever go back to stock it will all be covered up. I think I now know the cheaper, easier and better way of doing it. Depending on how the paint comes out on my cradle I might replace it over time with a pre-made peice. I will wait to see how it looks once it goes in. The nice thing is I have not seen anyone put it in a S197 that is removable but it's not hard once you figure out how to do it.....which took many hours playing with brackets and a lot of patience. It will look good once done though. Hopefully soon! Thanks for the intrest!!

Quick Reply: VA Chapter Members List!