Virginia Regional Chapter Chapter President: BabyGT

VA Chapter Members List!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2011, 10:27 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Yeah a tobacco leaf crossed my mind, as well as a peanut, lol. It's kind of hard to come up with something to include everyone. I was just thinking mountains and beach. Although with the way the cops are around here our banner background might need to be a pink ticket, lol.
Old 03-22-2011, 10:49 AM
ba1dwin

Banner: Pentagon and Mountains?...Whateve's.. I dont think it's a big deal. I do like the pink ticket idea

Jrock, you were trying to help me out on my thread with the wheel shimmy and you said you put new springs in. When you put in your springs did you use caster/camber plates or camber bolts? Did you use a panhard bar to align the axle? I have heard if you’re not racing then the bolts are sufficient but I keep getting mixed reviews. It seems like when you want to change one little thing you have to change much more!
Old 03-22-2011, 12:22 PM
captainds

Danny, VA Beach , 2005 Mustang Roush stage 2.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:36 PM
conejo172
4th Gear Member

I think this makes sense to have on the banner
Old 03-22-2011, 02:15 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ba1dwin
Banner: Pentagon and Mountains?...Whateve's.. I dont think it's a big deal. I do like the pink ticket idea

Jrock, you were trying to help me out on my thread with the wheel shimmy and you said you put new springs in. When you put in your springs did you use caster/camber plates or camber bolts? Did you use a panhard bar to align the axle? I have heard if you’re not racing then the bolts are sufficient but I keep getting mixed reviews. It seems like when you want to change one little thing you have to change much more!
I used Maximum Motorsports Caster/Camber plates. I got them from HERE. A little pricey, but the 6% forum discount helps. I chose these for 3 reasons:

1. Because I wanted to be able to fully adjust my front end alignment specs in case something was off or I decided to track the car. The MM plates give you the camber adjustment as well as caster adjustment, where the Steeda plates only allow camber adjustment.
2. To replace the factory strut mounts. The factory strut mounts are garbage, especially on a lowered vehicle.
3. Maximum Motorsports has a stellar reputation amongst the people I know that actually race their cars.

The camber bolts are more of a quick fix than a permanent solution. Some have run the bolts for years with no problems but eventually they will slip especially if you drive hard, it's physics. I thought about running the bolts on my car until I could save up for the plates but I figured it was easier to do it all one time (it was).

I put on a Steeda adjustable panhard bar. When you lower the car the wheels will shift a little bit because of the panhard bar. Some have just left it alone and it's fine. I am running 99-04 offset Saleen wheels that sit flush with the fenders so I knew it would be very noticeable when the wheels shifted (it was). FYI when I took it in for an alignment the Ford tech actually adjusted the rear on the alignment machine until it was perfectly straight.

I know it seems like a lot but just start piecing it together. I bought my Koni Yellows almost 2 years ago and they were sitting in the garage waiting on the rest of the parts, lol. I'm glad I did it all together.
Old 03-22-2011, 02:24 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Welcome captainds, you're not far from me! Conejo, I think the state seal is going on the banner we just need to find a way to arrange it all on there.
Old 03-23-2011, 09:04 PM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Anybody else?????? I got the ball rolling on a banner. Still looking for new suggestions.
Old 03-24-2011, 08:48 AM
ba1dwin

What about the state seal like the pic above yet photoshop a crushed Camaro underneath the guys leg! I'm obviously out of ideas!
Old 03-24-2011, 10:18 AM
gunther2006
1st Gear Member

Rob 2006 V6 Pony Package Virginia Beach
I know im new but just moved here from Philly less then a yr ago
Old 03-24-2011, 11:36 AM
jrockgts197
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ba1dwin
What about the state seal like the pic above yet photoshop a crushed Camaro underneath the guys leg! I'm obviously out of ideas!

BAAAHAHAHA that would be funny. I PM'ed Xeno and pretty much gave him "free creative reign" over the banner. It's basically going to involve mountains, beach, state outline shape, and the state seal. I'm anxious to see it!!

Quick Reply: VA Chapter Members List!