Archive - Want To Buy Ads Looking for a part to increase the performance of your Mustang? Your Mustang Parts search begins here!

NEEDED: Tr3650 Shifter Linage

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 06:20 AM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Default NEEDED: Tr3650 Shifter Linage

Hey guys,

In the middle of my T5 to TR3650 swap, when I realized my aftermarket hurst shifter (for a GT) is not going to work without a different linkage.. Can anyone confirm this to be true.. And is anyone selling one/know where I can find one!?

I can find them for 66' and up, even 2011 and up, but not 05+ I've never seen a Mustang in a scrap yard up here in MA, otherwise I would have tried.

Thanks!
Old 08-29-2017, 12:36 PM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Anyone?
Old 09-01-2017, 07:58 PM
flash_xx
3rd Gear Member

Well, I have my stock shifter stored away. First mod I did was get an MGW shifter. The stock shifter is a piece of crap. Call MGW and they'll set you up. You'll thank me later.
Old 09-02-2017, 05:45 AM
StangMuscle
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by flash_xx
Well, I have my stock shifter stored away. First mod I did was get an MGW shifter. The stock shifter is a piece of crap. Call MGW and they'll set you up. You'll thank me later.
I ended up ordering a Steeda tri-ax shifter off ebay because it came with the linkage I need. I still plan on using my Hurst shifter though. I live in MA, and I couldn't find any junk yards "around" that had a Mustang, let alone a linkage for a shifter. This is the last piece of the puzzle.. Should feel like a brand new car