Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

ONE OFF CUSTOMS

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2010, 10:39 PM
chronos
3rd Gear Member

I can tell by looking at the plastic lens that they aren't a very high intensity light. If you go to WalMart they have some cheap small fogs that may fit into the back of that assembly. I got some from WalMart, but the bigger size and put a pair on my truck and one on the wife's RAV and they work great and are really bright. Didn't need any on my car since these are bright enough. As it is people get pissed off when I run them at night.
Old 02-04-2010, 06:58 PM
mustang queen
1st Gear Member

Thanks for all the great info. As far as bulbs go I was thinking about all the new LED"s . Another option is all the bulbs that PIAA has available and maybe clear glass lenses,, you can get circle glass then drill them with the carbid bits from Harbor Freight for the screws. Another good look would be those lights on a black car and the stock signals replaced with smoked turn signals. Another question how do you think the lights would fit in the corners of the lower grill on a GT? I will post my mods as they get finished.
Old 02-04-2010, 08:44 PM
digitalcos
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by mustang queen
Thanks for all the great info. As far as bulbs go I was thinking about all the new LED"s
I bought a set of LEDs, but for some reason they're not working in those fixtures. I'm waiting for nicer weather to investigate further.

Originally Posted by mustang queen
Another question how do you think the lights would fit in the corners of the lower grill on a GT?
Actually that's what gave me the idea to try this. Someone had posted a link to this mod.

I bought a nice set of Hella fogs, but the speaker tube bezels didn't really look very good where I had located them, so I decided to do a bit more research and came across the '68s, which was the look I wanted all along anyway.

Here's a shot before I had installed the Hellas. The proportions and location just didn't work for me.

I think they look pretty damn good in the GT lower grille though. If you're interested I still have the Hellas, and I'm looking to sell them. Obviously I'm using the wiring harness that came with them, but you wouldn't need that if you've got a GT. Let me know if you're interested. I'll give you a good price on them.