Notices
2005-2009 S197 Appearance Section For all appearance mods to the 2005-2009 S197's

Sequentials Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

I installed mine a while ago. Got them from American Muscle when they went on Christmas Sale.

I had never stood behind the car and watched the Brake lights while someone else stepped on the Brake pedal until yesterday. This thread caused me to do it.

Yes they do sequence once when the Brake pedal is stepped on. I had only watched them before with the 4 way flasher ON or turn signal. It was the Plug-In Kit as I didn't want splicing in my wiring.

Speaking of which!

Has anyone looked at some of the instructions that Web Electric has?

Specifically the use of "Wire Nut's". I don't have to much respect for a company that calls for the use of "Wire Nuts.

- BLP-1 Universal Installation Instructions
Those are fine in a house. A house does not vibrate, except for maybe in Ca. where there is a Earthquake.

I don't even use regular Automotive connectors anymore. I haven't for 20yrs. I use Crimp/ Shrink connectors to add strength to the connection.

I do a fair amount of boat wiring for people. Your only as good as your last customer says you are. No comebacks makes that easy.

Automotive;

Crimp/Shrink;

Last edited by Warthog5; 02-09-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 02-09-2011, 03:50 PM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Warthog5
I installed mine a while ago. Got them from American Muscle when they went on Christmas Sale.

I had never stood behind the car and watched the Brake lights while someone else stepped on the Brake pedal until yesterday. This thread caused me to do it.

Yes they do sequence once when the Brake pedal is stepped on. I had only watched them before with the 4 way flasher ON or turn signal. It was the Plug-In Kit as I didn't want splicing in my wiring.

Speaking of which!

Has anyone looked at some of the instructions that Web Electric has?

Specifically the use of "Wire Nut's". I don't have to much respect for a company that calls for the use of "Wire Nuts.

Those are fine in a house. A house does not vibrate, except for maybe in Ca. where there is a Earthquake.

I don't even use regular Automotive connectors anymore. I haven't for 20yrs. I use Crimp/ Shrink connectors to add strength to the connection.

I do a fair amount of boat wiring for people. Your only as good as your last customer says you are. No comebacks makes that easy.

Automotive;

Crimp/Shrink;

Not sure if you are talking about the pre-wired harness because that one requires nothing extra.

Are the "wire nuts" for the splice-in?
Old 02-10-2011, 08:01 AM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

Actually I was talking about 2 different things.

The Sequential's from American muscle [plug & Play- no splicing]

People were talking about the company Web Electric. In their instructions for their BLP-1 Universal flashing 3rd brake light /High Mount they call it. They describe using Twist on Wire Nuts as used in house wiring and a No-No for things that move and vibrate.

I did just order a BLP-1 Universal Flashing 3rd Brake light Module from Web Electric, but it will not be installed with wire nuts, I can assure you.
Old 02-10-2011, 08:04 AM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Thinking about giving the DIY kit a try...this is not something that you'd want to reverse anyway so might as well save some money, since this is like a "factory" mod. Anything over $100 for this feature is too much IMO.
Old 02-10-2011, 10:43 AM
aaquib1992
4th Gear Member

Actually I was talking about 2 different things.

The Sequential's from American muscle [plug & Play- no splicing]

People were talking about the company Web Electric. In their instructions for their BLP-1 Universal flashing 3rd brake light /High Mount they call it. They describe using Twist on Wire Nuts as used in house wiring and a No-No for things that move and vibrate.

I did just order a BLP-1 Universal Flashing 3rd Brake light Module from Web Electric, but it will not be installed with wire nuts, I can assure you.
Ah, thanks for clearing that up. I was wondering about the 3rd flasher, guess that won't be my next appearance upgrade haha.
Old 02-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

The BLP-1 Universal Flashing 3rd Brake light Module, just adds a little more flash to get peoples attention.

Hopefully this will help get their attention to keep them from rear ending you while they are on their cell phone.
Old 02-12-2011, 03:10 PM
Warthog5
1st Gear Member

Old 02-13-2011, 10:46 AM
07 Stang
6th Gear Member

Can you give us a video of what it looks like working?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:43 PM
allinon72
2nd Gear Member

Anyone have a DIY of installing the DIY kit?
Old 02-13-2011, 01:57 PM
6-Speed
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by allinon72
Anyone have a DIY of installing the DIY kit?
I thought of preparing one, but it's pretty straight-forward. You just remove each tail lamp assembly and replace the bulb harnesses with the ones in the kit, and re-install. Hardest part for me was removing the Shaker 1000 woofer box because it was in the way of one of the 11mm nuts that secure the tail lamp assy.

Quick Reply: Sequentials Question